Pat's Easy Change System Problem

/ Pat's Easy Change System Problem #1  

dmiletich

Tractor
New Holland TK100M
I just purchased the easy change system, installed it on my NH TK100. That was pretty easy and had no problems. Then I backed up to my flail mower to connect it and I could not get it connected. It is a Rears 7'6" flail mower. It appears as if the easy change hook is about 1" too high to fit between the pin and the horizontal pipe on the flail mower. The pin is above a 4" continous horizontal pipe that runs full length of the mower. This mower has not been altered and came from the factory this way. It seems as if I have to cut off part of the easy change system hook in order to fit in between the pin and the pipe. I hope I have made it clear as to what my problem is. I have not called Pat's on this but thought I would post my problem here to see if anyone else had this problem.
I just had a thought. Could it be since my tractor is a crawler tractor and not rubber wheel, it sits down lower and the lower arms do not drop as low as a wheel tractor? If my tractor was elevated and my lower arms dropped lower, then they would be on an angle and not bottom out on the horizontal pipe before they hooked around the pins. Just a thought.

/ Pat's Easy Change System Problem #2  
Pictures help a lot! I had a minor problem with the PEC when hooking up my 5ft box blade. I wound up having to take my sawzall and cut a small section of metal on each side, where the side link pins are. Basically it had a piece of 3" angle iron under the pins, and I had to trim out a section for clearance to let the PEC come up under the pins. I had a thread about it with pic's, but not gonna bother to go back and search for it.

I would definitely give Pat a call tomorrow and see what his thoughts are on your situation. Good luck.

/ Pat's Easy Change System Problem #3  
Problem is not with the PEC devices, you just have to figure out how to get your lower lift arms to drop closer to the ground. Some have one or two adjustable vertical links (the pieces that connects the lower lift arms with the upper hydraulic arms). Others have several holes in the lower lift arms into which the vertical links attach. Holes closer to the tractor let the lift arm closer to the ground, holes closer to the implement raises the lift arm

//greg//