Pat's Easy Change Pat's Easy Change System

/ Pat's Easy Change System
Re: Pat\'s Easy Change System

Just noticed your post. I ordered them (I think) last night and should have them in 7 to 10 days.

The reason I say "I THINK" is when I completed the order blank at the site and submitted it I got a "this site is not available - etc.)". I then called the "888" number. I told the woman who answered what happened and that I was reluctant in sending the order again as I only needed one set. She said she would check the computer in the morning when she got in?? and if it was there she would process the order. I also gave her the credit card info over the phone just in case.

Over the years of hooking up first the Ford 8N and then the Ford 3000 I've probably invented several new cuss words. I've used breaker bars, long pipes, bricks, hammers (small and large) and found that most of the time it was a two person (usually the wife--sometimes the pa-in-law) job. And you hoped whoever was on the ground helping hadn't experienced a "bad day" already. "GO LEFT" and "GO RIGHT" can sometimes sound the same /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Even with the telescoping lower links (usually standard on the M6800 and up) on my M4900, it was difficult to line up everything with one person. I looked at the Quick Links at other posts and the biggest problem with them was the "standard hookup". I've got an old harrow and a box blade that are not "standard" width. With the Easy Change I can adjust the width with my stabilizers.

/ Pat's Easy Change System #13  

I switched to Pat's Easy Change sometime this past summer.

The neighbors are thrilled with me . . . they no longer hear swearing coming across the hills when I switch my implements.

My doctor is willing to send a letter to some governmental agency advocating the use of Pat's system because he no longer is recommending skin grafts on my knuckles.

The pricinciple of my daughter's school has send home notes to my wife wondering if I had died becuase my daughter no longer speaks in that special "colorful language" that only come out of the odd combination of pain & frustration when an implement will not connect to a standard 3pt hitch no matter how much blood is spilled and no matter how hard it has been beaten with a mallot.

Generally I would say that I am satisfied with Pat's.

/ Pat's Easy Change System #14  

I bought a set of Pat's system as well. I have it on my Kubota B7100 and it has made changing implements much, much easier. I do need to make some sort of easy attach spreader to keep the arms the right distance apart when backing up to the implement I am hooking up to, but I will do that another time I suppose.

/ Pat's Easy Change System #15  

You mean you DIDN'T buy one from Pat??

I can see advantages and disadvantages as well /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Got my Easy Change System tonight. I ususally don't get home until after dark (be glad for the time change) so I will probably wait until this week-end to try them out. Will keep everyone posted.

Not a bad delivery time I must say.

Check my other post this section about my M4900. The CAT 1 system does fit (with a little modification). Haven't hooked anything up yet.

/ Pat's Easy Change System #18  

I put the easy change on my JD2210 several months ago and have changed implements quite a few times since. I added the stabilizer bar after finding that keeping the lower 3ph arms apart at the right distance was a problem..that solved the issue. And I'm totally satisfied and recommend them.

/ Pat's Easy Change System #19  

Got to say........these things are the best investment I ever made /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
I finally got the chance to utilize them tonight while hooking up my RFM.
Back up until the bracket hits the pins, raise lift arms and they're locked. Get off to hook up top link. Darn it, due to the Pats Easy Change System, the new hydraulic top link I got is not long enough. Unlock the hooks and drop the lift arms. Make adjustment to the RFM arms, back tractor up some more, raise lift arms, hooks locked. Hook up new hydraulic top link and connect PTO shaft, then GO .........
That's all there is to it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Pat's Easy Change System #20  

check my posts on this spreader problem.............