Pat's quick hitch at a angle

/ Pat's quick hitch at a angle #1  

amberg

Bronze Member
Tractor
oliver 1855 ford 4000 jd 5320 ford 2n
I would to try the pat's cat. 2 quick hitch on my 7' hyd. scraper blade and my 6' box blade, and it looks like it might be in a bind if I tilted the blade too far with the lift arms, or the box blade. I don't want to break them up the first time I use them. they look like they will work good on a mower or bush hog, or anything that. how much side tilt will they take? thanks guys!

/ Pat's quick hitch at a angle #2  
I have the Cat 1 on my tractor and have had no problem with tilting my box blade as far as the adjustment will go. The arms on your tractor should have ball joints in them allowing them to twist and turn some.

/ Pat's quick hitch at a angle
I have the Cat 1 on my tractor and have had no problem with tilting my box blade as far as the adjustment will go. The arms on your tractor should have ball joints in them allowing them to twist and turn some.[/QUOT

well I think I am going to have to try the cat. 2 quick hitch, with my box blade and my hyd. top link, my teeth hit my tires when I tilt it all the way back to drag with the back blade. I think the extra length of the arms will help keep the teeth from hitting the tires. the tractor is a 5320 john deere with both cat. 1 and cat 2 balls. two holes in the same ball.

/ Pat's quick hitch at a angle #4  
On the Cat2, you'll gain roughly 4" of extension to your lift arms. Once PEC is mounted correctly, ball swivel is essentially defeated. Wedges of various sizes are included with the PEC, which - when installed per instructions - render the PEC device rigid. That 4" should remedy the issue of tire strike when operating blades at a latitudinal angle. But it may become an issue with PTO-driven implements. Many PEC owners by a PTO shaft extension (adapter) for those occasions.
PTO adapter.jpg
A no-cost alternative might simply be to widen your rear track.

//greg//

thanks for the link. I got my hyd. top link from agri supply the other day. works like a charm on the box blade. I just hope that it is going to be long enough when I get my new pat's cat. 2 guick hitch that I just ordered from this site. if not I will have to cut the end off & add couple ins. to it. guess I will find out!
top link is the cat.1 20 to 28"

/ Pat's quick hitch at a angle #7  
thanks for the link. I got my hyd. top link from agri supply the other day. works like a charm on the box blade. I just hope that it is going to be long enough when I get my new pat's cat. 2 guck hitch.

Longer screws for the Hydraulink, both Cat 1 and Cat 2, are available on eBay.

LINK:

Hydraulink Long Screw for Category 2 | eBay

well the cat. 1 top link is to short, so I ordered the cat. 2 top link, it is a couple inches longer, I will see how that works. I can also use it for every thing else I think. ( I got the regular hydraulic top link, not the one that has a valve that you turn by hand, I would not be able to reach it out of the back glass. don't think I would like that one.) do you guys like that type?

/ Pat's quick hitch at a angle #10  
( I got the regular hydraulic top link, not the one that has a valve that you turn by hand, I would not be able to reach it out of the back glass.) do you guys like that type?

Hydraulink is very good for use with a Box Blade, probably the primary reason rear remotes are installed. Adjusts easily, assuming you can reach the valve and reduces "hobby horse" chatter over the ground.

It is generally good used with light tractors (I had a Kubota B3300SU before) as an effective shock absorber between implements and tractor, lessening the strain on both. I kept my Hydraulink on in place of OEM Top Link 90% of the time.

It is useless a few applications, such as using a Moldboard Plow, where a rigid connection is required.

Chinese production is just a little crude, slightly limiting Hydraulink length adjustments, but it functions OK.

Hydraulink is STRONG.