Peaches

/ Peaches #11  
We hit 18 deg in central TN, and stayed below freezing for many hours. I'm sure all fruit is a total loss. I'm not sure what all species of trees are involved, but the leaves on about 10% of the trees in the woods have turned completely black. Sure hope the whole tree doesn't die!

/ Peaches #12  
hudlow said:
Coming in from Cliffside, around by Grassy Pond and down 11, that's a pretty awesome sight for a country boy.....;)

Yep. And that's a really bad picture because the powerlines are close to the camera and make the peach look small. For those who have never seen it, it is enourmous and you can see it for miles in some places. It is a full sized, functioning water tower.

Good to see a little drizzle of rain today, ain't it?

Oh man yes! It was starting to get dry here. Farmer friend was starting to get concerned about the hay. I planted sunflowers Saturday afternoon. I'm assuming the seeds survived the frost. So now they've gotten a little rain and its supposed to start warming up tomorrow. Should be perfect.

/ Peaches #13  
N80 said:
Yep. And that's a really bad picture because the powerlines are close to the camera and make the peach look small. For those who have never seen it, it is enourmous and you can see it for miles in some places. It is a full sized, functioning water tower.

Not to mention quite a controversial item when erected :)

I was living in Charlotte at that time and traveled back and forth to WNC on school breaks. Looks like she has a nicer paint job now too.

/ Peaches #14  
1bush2hog said:
Not to mention quite a controversial item when erected :).

Well, there are some veiwing angles from which the thing can look quite obscene. When my brother was little he called it the peach butt.:D

The reports in the paper say that the local SC peach losses were around 90%. The farmers will probably get disaster relief from the government. The migrant workers will get nothing. We peach lovers will likely get very few good local peaches.