Pellet rifle advice.

/ Pellet rifle advice.
What are these squirrels living off of? If you have trees that produce rodent food and habitat, you might want to change that for a longer term solution. Otherwise you will be doing this elimination thing every year and restrictions are gong to getting tougher.

Pecans. Two trees. Big, high quality pecans. On a good year I'll get 15 or 20 pounds even with the squirrels. On a mediocre year, like this year, we got a few pounds and the squirrels got more than half. They bite them off when they are not ripe. When they are ripe, the nibble a piece off and throw them down. How much does a pound of pecans go for? Anyway, I don't mind sharing a little with the squirrels. I just want them to have to make an effort, put a little blood equity into cutting hundreds of unripe pecans. Plus, the neighborhood is covered in willow oaks. It is pretty much squirrel heaven.

As for the poster that mentioned live trapping: It is legal to live trap them here but it is illegal to transport them ANYWHERE. So you can catch them all you want but you can't kill them. You can't drop them off on someone else's property or anywhere else. Go figger.