PHOTO 101

/ PHOTO 101 #1  

WALT

Gold Member
Tractor
KUBOTA BX2200, L-39 TLB & RTV X1100C
WHILE I HAVE READ THE FAQ ON POSTING PHOTO'S, I CANNOT GET MY JPEG FILES TO POST AS AN ATTACHMENT. SINCE YOU FOLKS ARE WELL VERSED IN THIS ACTION, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE WALK ME THROUGH THIS, IN A STEP BY STEP METHOD?

I AM USING WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION, ON A TWO MONTH OLD SYSTEM THAT I AM STILL TRYING TO LEARN.

WALT

/ PHOTO 101 #2  
1. Enter /Control Panel/ Page. On the bottom of the page Edit your display preferences.

2. The 12th menu box on that page - Do you want to preview post ... should be checked on.

3. At the bottom of this screen click the Submit button.

Steps 1 through 3 need to be done only one time. These steps will have your posts being previewed as your default. The rest of the steps would be done for each new post or reply.

4. Go to /Main Index/

5. Choose the forum you wish to post into.

6. Choose Post, or select a thread and a particular post to reply to.

7. Enter Subject line and text you wish to post. Click the Continue button at the bottom of the page.

8. In the You may attach a file ... box , browse your computer's file structure to find the file you want to attach. The file must be under 150,000 bytes to be accepted.

9. Double click on that file's name, the click Continue to submit post.

As an aside, typing in all capitals indicates shouting and should be avoided - unless, I guess, you are shouting. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ PHOTO 101
CHRIS:
THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY. I FOLLOWED YOUR STEPS AND AM ABLE TO POST PHOTOS.

AS USUAL, ONE SOLUTION CREATES A NEW PROBLEM.
ALL THE PHOTOS THAT I WANT TO POST ARE 2.5 TO 4 KB. THE POSTING LIMIT IS 1.5 KB. IS THERE A WAY TO COMPRESS THE FILE SIZE FOR POSTING?

YOU HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO MY ONE FINGER TYPING/CAP LOCK METHOD. I DON'T TRY TO UPSET ANYONE, BUT OLD HABITS DIE HARD. NO SHOUTING IMPLIED.

THANKS AGAIN:

WALT

/ PHOTO 101 #4  
Walt, when I have posted photos on the web I have had to dumb down the photo first. When we shoot our pics we're on the highest resolution our camera shoot 2???x18?? I don't remember the exact size but we then resize to 640x480 then hit the "save it to the web" button and resize it in that screen so its an acceptable size to show. We have everything in "photo shop elements" we don't save the new smaller size in elements. If you don't want to post because you are unsure of the size that will come up try sending yourself an email with the attachment and then open it. That should give you an idea of the size photo you'll be posting. I was happy with the size I posted even though a little bit bigger could have been better(check _bx2200 stuff_ in the kubota owning section). Thumb nail size just doesn't look good and the huge ones you loose the effect unless your selling isomething and they want to see detail.
good luck just another .02 worth

Tony

/ PHOTO 101 #5  
Just looked at you photos Walt, what are you talking about those look great. I should have looked them up first before I posted last time. Don't have to change nothing in my book, I like seeing good pics!

Tony

/ PHOTO 101
I USED MICROSOFT "PICTURE IT" TO CROP THE PHOTO'S DOWN TO A USABLE SIZE. IT WAS INCLUDED ON THE CD WITH THE PICTURES.
SOME DAY I WILL ACTUALLY TAKE A COMPUTER COURSE TO LEARN THE 80% TO USE IT PROPERLY, VS. THE 20% THAT GETS ME IN TROUBLE FREQUENTLY.

WALT

/ PHOTO 101 #7  
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

YOU HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO MY ONE FINGER TYPING/CAP LOCK METHOD. I DON'T TRY TO UPSET ANYONE, BUT OLD HABITS DIE HARD. NO SHOUTING IMPLIED.

<hr></blockquote>

Typing in ALL CAPS not only is considered shouting and rude, it is also very hard to read. If you typed in all lowercase letters, it would sure be easier to read than ALL CAPITALS.

/ PHOTO 101 #8  
WALT: any photo editing software will allow u to resize a pic. i usually save high res pictures on a extractable media and then resize to 640x480 for posting on the forum. check out your software and u will find it. i usually resize photo i might want to send by e mail or post, i created a folder to save them to. and i still have the high res shots for printing or viewing. i hope this helps.