Picked up a 2 row cultipacker today

/ Picked up a 2 row cultipacker today #1  

Baranx4

Gold Member
I've been looking for a cultipacker for a good while now and finally found one that wasn't overpriced. I've been to a few farm auctions expecting to see them go for 150-300 dollars only to see them end up selling for close to 500 which isn't a deal at all.

I finally found one on craigs list and picked it up today for $250.00. I didn't even haggle with him just paid him and loaded it. It's a 9' wide double row in pretty good shape. Now maybe I can cut back on what the turkeys have been stealing. They can pick over a area pretty quickly. It's nice to see a few turkeys in your fields, but when you see repeatedly see over 30 a few days after seeding it's not so nice.

I overseeded some left over oats and winter rye into my clover plot for archery season and I became the local turkey hotspot. At one point I decided to take one with the bow, but it seemed that they would hit the fields at times opposite of when you bow hunt for deer. You'd see them from 1100 to 1430 almost daily, if you kicked them out you'd mess up the evening deer hunting.

Anyone else find craigs list to put items in the wrong area or state when replying to an add? Initially I saw a cultipacker listed on craigs list that showed up in my local search but turned out to be 250 miles away from it's listed city and in another state.

The cultipacker I purchased was placed by craigslist in the reading area of PA according to where craigslist placed it but it was actually much further away. It was just past Gettsburg Pa. almost 100 miles off even thou it has two regions closer and surprisingly it doesn't come up in a search there. Who knows mayby that's why I was lucky enough to get it.

/ Picked up a 2 row cultipacker today #2  
You guys are spoiled rotten.:D

My tractor dealer is 80 miles away, backhoe dealer is 120 miles, Mercury Outboard dealer is 240 miles and boat dealer is about 500 miles away. Living in the West does have its advantages though, people are farther away too.

/ Picked up a 2 row cultipacker today
You guys are spoiled rotten.:D

My tractor dealer is 80 miles away, backhoe dealer is 120 miles, Mercury Outboard dealer is 240 miles and boat dealer is about 500 miles away. Living in the West does have its advantages though, people are farther away too.

I just didn't expect to drive almost 150 miles one way for it just a few more miles and I would have been in Maryland. But on another note while driving up a backroad to get the cultipacker I passed a farm with a few broken down older international tractors. On the way back I stopped to talk to the owner as he had an old 1066 IH with a bad motor, he was a nice guy and was mixed on selling it I got his number and will probably see if he wants to part with it in the spring. He actually had 4 ot 5 older IH tractors that were broken down.

/ Picked up a 2 row cultipacker today #4  
I used to buy and sell small tractors years ago and found one of the best ways to find them was to travel the back roads. Found a lot of fixer uppers that way made a little money on them but learned a lot more.

/ Picked up a 2 row cultipacker today #5  
quote:"Anyone else find craigs list to put items in the wrong area or state when replying to an add? Initially I saw a cultipacker listed on craigs list that showed up in my local search but turned out to be 250 miles away from it's listed city and in another state."

That's not craigslist doing that!! It's the seller! There is nothing to stop a seller from listing an item in almost any other city within a reason distance. It gets them more advertising, plus they figure if it's something that you want bad enough, you'll drive to get it.

quote:"Anyone else find craigs list to put items in the wrong area or state when replying to an add? Initially I saw a cultipacker listed on craigs list that showed up in my local search but turned out to be 250 miles away from it's listed city and in another state."

That's not craigslist doing that!! It's the seller! There is nothing to stop a seller from listing an item in almost any other city within a reason distance. It gets them more advertising, plus they figure if it's something that you want bad enough, you'll drive to get it.

My point was that it didn't show up in the persons local area as I checked using the same keyword

/ Picked up a 2 row cultipacker today #7  
I've never heard of a cultipacker being described as a '2 row'. I've heard of 2 row cultivators and various sizes of cultipackers but never heard of them referred to by the number of rows.

I've never heard of a cultipacker being described as a '2 row'. I've heard of 2 row cultivators and various sizes of cultipackers but never heard of them referred to by the number of rows.

It's a double row cultipacker ad had it as a two row, first row has larger wheels with the second row having 9" wheels.

/ Picked up a 2 row cultipacker today #9  
I call them tandem. Don't know if that's the official term, but works for me.
By the way, I'm afraid it won't solve all your turkey problems. They'll still find it. :D