Grading Picked up a Box Blade for my 4100...

/ Picked up a Box Blade for my 4100... #11  
Nice job, looks great. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I suspect my 4115 is counterfeit because it was made by Yanmar and they slapped JD logos on it! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Picked up a Box Blade for my 4100... #12  
It looks fantastic! AND it will match your tractor!

/ Picked up a Box Blade for my 4100... #13  
It looks fantastic! AND it will match your tractor!

/ Picked up a Box Blade for my 4100...
Thanks ajspence. It has gotten a lot of use lately and will need some paint repair before winter. I bought it because I needed it and it has been working great /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks ajspence. It has gotten a lot of use lately and will need some paint repair before winter. I bought it because I needed it and it has been working great /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Picked up a Box Blade for my 4100... #16  
Can you give the highlights of your painting process? Did you strip and if so, how? What type of paint did you use? Thanks in advance...

/ Picked up a Box Blade for my 4100... #17  
Can you give the highlights of your painting process? Did you strip and if so, how? What type of paint did you use? Thanks in advance...

I just took 220 grit sand paper to it and dulled the whole thing. I masked off the reflectors and the BushHog ID tag as I didn't think I could get them to stick again if I took them off, and I liked the idea of having them on there. I also left the Model numbers on, but painted over them so the BB can still be identified as a BUSH HOG. For the price (and quality) of the BH, I wanted it to still be identifible as such if I ever decided to sell it one day.

For the paint, I just went to the local TSC and bought their JD Green to cover the Bush Hog yellow. I made it look pretty, but knew I shouldn't be too picky with it, since I have a lot of work planned for it. I've used the BB about 25 hours so far to help excavate where my garage will be going and landscaping around it. I have since worn a lot of the green off on the inside back and side walls, and even some of the BH yellow to where there is bare metal now. I like to keep my things looking nice, so it'll probably be "touched up" before winter. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I just took 220 grit sand paper to it and dulled the whole thing. I masked off the reflectors and the BushHog ID tag as I didn't think I could get them to stick again if I took them off, and I liked the idea of having them on there. I also left the Model numbers on, but painted over them so the BB can still be identified as a BUSH HOG. For the price (and quality) of the BH, I wanted it to still be identifible as such if I ever decided to sell it one day.

For the paint, I just went to the local TSC and bought their JD Green to cover the Bush Hog yellow. I made it look pretty, but knew I shouldn't be too picky with it, since I have a lot of work planned for it. I've used the BB about 25 hours so far to help excavate where my garage will be going and landscaping around it. I have since worn a lot of the green off on the inside back and side walls, and even some of the BH yellow to where there is bare metal now. I like to keep my things looking nice, so it'll probably be "touched up" before winter. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif