Picked up new JD 2520 last Friday Pics

/ Picked up new JD 2520 last Friday Pics
Would love to hear your opinions on your new Deere vs. the Kubota. Which do you like more, etc?

Funny you would mention that. I'm in the process of making a list. I will post it for people looking at JD and Kubota in this size and are on the fence on which to buy. I haven't had allot of seat time on the JD there are little things good and bad for both that add up.

One thing I did find is the leg room is much better on the Kubota. I'm 6'2 195lbs and getting off the tractor takes allot more twisting. I did test drive the 2520 a couple times. I guess I really didn't notice it until I used the tractor more. I get off the tractor butt first now not a big deal. But if you have hip issues it could be.

A tilt steering wheel whould be nice.

/ Picked up new JD 2520 last Friday Pics #13  
Arrow,

You hit it right on the head with the tilt wheel being a good idea on the 2520. We are the same size and I started looking for a 3x20 series after 4 years with my 2520, my knee issues were making it very difficult to get on/off it and with it's cramped seating position, I could only use it for an hour or less at a time. The 3320 cab with the air ride seat is light years ahead in comfort.

Tom

/ Picked up new JD 2520 last Friday Pics #14  
I've only put 2 hours on my 2720 so far, but it actually fits me pretty well. I'm 5'-10", so a tad shorter than you guys, so maybe that explains it. Of course, as I use it may, things may change a bit...

/ Picked up new JD 2520 last Friday Pics
I do think the seat is more comfortable on the JD. I had a newer style seat on the Kubota and the back rest on the JD seems to be more at a 90 degree angle then the Kubota so I can rest my back on it while driving easier.

On a side note I got my toolbox in the mail today. This was a special offer just for going into the dealer and getting a written quote.
I thought it would be a cheap little box. I was very surprised to see it was one of the big dogs normally mounted on the big tractors. It didn't come with the mounting bracket that is already mounted on the big tractors.But I will find a way to mount it behind the seat.

/ Picked up new JD 2520 last Friday Pics #16  
Congrats on the new tractor!!! She's a beaut!!!

I went from a B2910 Kubota to my smaller JD2210. There was two things I noticed immediately, no tilt wheel, lousy seat suspension. I was surprised the JD didn't have tilt wheel. I never had any idea that the JD2520 would also not have tilt wheel. I think when you get your survey from JD about how you like the machine you should mention that sternly. Maybe if enough people would they would add that feature. It's beyond me why they don't already have it.

Look forward to your opinions as you put more hours on the new machine.

/ Picked up new JD 2520 last Friday Pics #17  
Not sure if all Kubota's are this way, I know my FIL's New Holland and the neighbors Kubota I drove were, I didn't like the rocker hydro pedal. I like the twin pedal setup much better. I don't like having to move my whole foot around to change directions. I can maneuver the deere without lifting my heel.

/ Picked up new JD 2520 last Friday Pics #18  
Not sure if all Kubota's are this way, I know my FIL's New Holland and the neighbors Kubota I drove were, I didn't like the rocker hydro pedal. I like the twin pedal setup much better. I don't like having to move my whole foot around to change directions. I can maneuver the deere without lifting my heel.

My Brother's Kubota has the rocker. If doing a LOT of direction changes I set my foot on the rocker and control direction/speed with my ankle, never lifting my foot at all. Otherwise, like you said, you have to lift your foot to select reverse. I too like JD's two pedal setup the best.