picking up my new l3830

/ picking up my new l3830
dealer keeps telling me to get a 5' brushhog no bigger???i think it has 30.5 pto hp.bws

/ picking up my new l3830 #12  
<font color=blue>...dealer keeps telling me to get a 5' brushhog no bigger???...</font color=blue>

I agree...

I think you'd be much happier with the 5' with only 30 PTO hp... it's a better implement/hp matchup especially if you have substantial brush or tall grass... it won't bog down as often and you can zip through the work at a good pace...

Here's a case where matching the size of the implement to your wheel width may hinder more than help...

/ picking up my new l3830 #13  
I had a 5' brush hog on a L2900 and mowed
the swamp 2 times a year, heavy grass and 8" of
mud and water, no problems.
I pulled a 6' pull type Bush hog w/ a Super H (33 belt hp)
and mowed quite a bit.

/ picking up my new l3830 #14  
Good price for sure. I was quoted around 19,000 for a L3130 with a comparable setup. I can't comment on the mower and width precisely because I have tractors that are a little bigger. Mine is a big old Woods 80" with BIG blades. The whole unit weighs in around 1500lbs. Funny thing is, it rarely makes any difference in the engine speed when cutting tall grass versus short stuff. The time it really bogs down is when backing down into the perimeter of my pond. If the mower hits water, it really slows down the engine. The L3830 should be a dynamite tractor. The new loader is super. Very well built and truly HEAVY DUTY for compacts. Rat...

/ picking up my new l3830
i wasnt sure it would look and feel like the jd 4600 that i test drove[and liked] but after seeing it assembled it looks real heavy duty.hope i dont regret not getting the quick attach bucket and rear remote but just cant see any use for these thing anytime soon + i weld a lot and can fab things pretty fast.the dealer was sound tractor in everett wash.i think they will work out fine.i like the guys in the service dept.it took a good deal to get me to buy kubota[since i had an great deal lined up on the jd4600]and i could not test drive the 30 series.sound tractor made the me the right price.

/ picking up my new l3830 #16  
BWS:

Their is a dealer in Puyalup, WA. Jennings Equipment that has a 6' Land pride brush cutter used. You can see it on their web sight www.jenningsequipment.com they are asking 495.00 and it looks like it is in good shape. So go on a small trip saturday and save 350.00. They will probley take 425.00 so make the offer, and don't pay full price ever. I buy from these guys sometimes and they deal. I just looked at their sight and the price went up on the cutter, but I would still make the offer

PJR