Picking up soggy oak leaves

/ Picking up soggy oak leaves #11  
Dozernut,

Are them mulcing blades readily available in all sizes. I would like them for my 72" MMM New Holland. Can I get them from like a tractor supply or something like that.

murph

/ Picking up soggy oak leaves #12  
We got them at the dealer who sells Dixon zero turn mowers. I would get you a brochure, but he is closed until April 5th for a trip and trade show. We are getting ready to buy a new zero turn mower and are looking at the Scagg Turf Tiger. They also have mulching blades for their mowers and show them in their brochures. So they are out there, you just have to find a knowledgeable dealer. I will take a picture of one of the mulching blades and post it tomorrow.

/ Picking up soggy oak leaves #13  
thcri,
I obtained my mulching kits from my JD dealer. Kits consist of blades and plates to bolt to the mower frame to block the discharge port and keep the leaves or grass in the mower longer. Cost for two blades and plates for the 38" was $85.00. Three blades and plates for the 60" cost $180. I am not sure that just using the blades without the plates would work, as without the flow modifiers the leaves and grass wouldn't stay in the mower long enough to do the job.
Bill

/ Picking up soggy oak leaves #14  
thcri
Here is a picture of the blade I was talking about. As previously stated, you have to block the discharge for it to work. I made up my own plate to block the discharge chute.

Last edited:
   / Picking up soggy oak leaves #15  
That's a mean looking device there .... I bet that works good ...
Leo