Picking your dealer

/ Picking your dealer #11  
Mech,

Excellent point about communication. I forgot to mention that peeve, but after my order, my dealer NEVER communicated with me about the status. Anytime I wanted to find out about whether something was ready, like a back-ordered part or something, I ALWAYS had to initiate the call.

He initially told me the machine would be ready in two weeks. So I waited two weeks and a couple of days for good measure, but heard nothing. I had to call him to find out what was going on.

It seems to me that it would be just basic courtesy to call someone (particularly someone who has made a major purchase from you) and let them know if you can't deliver on time. This went on for some time and, as mentioned, happened every time I dealt with them.

Here's some more advice:

When you actually DO make the purchase, if you buy attachements, go out to the lot and pick out the ones you want. Otherwise, they may try to sell you something that's been sitting there for 2 years with faded paint, or worse. After you pick out the one you want, write down the serial number and make sure you get that one.

Here's what happened to me: I paid for a NEW Frontier GM1072R finish mower (very expensive). I go to the dealer to see what's happening with my order (since they weren't communicating with me) and find them spray painting on it in the shop. When questioned about why theywere spray painting a brand new finish mower, they said they were just touching up. Being stupid, I didn't think any more about it.

After I had it 6 months, I thought something didn't look right about it and finally figured out that all the bolts/nuts had been painted over and that, indeed, the entire mower had been repainted.

They did the same thing with a rear blade I ordered. Now, I don't kinow and can't prove whether either or both of these attachments may have been used, but if they were new, they shouldn't have needed a complete repaint.

So, pick out your stuff carefully, and make sure you are getting what you paid for.

/ Picking your dealer #12  
Well if your not in a hurry which i hope your not. Do what i did and go through all the steps to buy, then tell them its a lot of money and you need to think about it for a couple of days then go back and say you are just not ready. one dealer put up with me doing it 3 times the others were done with me after the first time. Didn't even want to talk to me if i drove 2 hr's to see them. I wanted to be taken care of not just sold a machine no matter what color. The one I really wanted I didn't get due to lack of dealer knowledge of product, tractors are more or less a side bussiness. Never could warm up to the who situation.:cool: