Pickups the new Luxury Car?

/ Pickups the new Luxury Car? #21  
I think it's funny when people have to have a pickup, but have never used the bed for anything. Of course, that's great, for those of us who want to buy barely used!

/ Pickups the new Luxury Car?
My 96 F150 4wd has not a single scratch or dent... even in the bed.

It was bought new by a guy as his retirement present for himself to go fishing and hunting... have a place for his dog and mountain bikes...

Glad I was able to find it...

As a kid we had a 3/4 1972 Chevrolet that was always hauling... rocks, concrete, block, firewood... it all got tossed into the bed without any special care... 350 v8 with auto and air... a real workhorse that never let us down... don't know anyone that treats a truck like that today...

/ Pickups the new Luxury Car? #23  
I am a little embarassed about how many dents my new truck has.

/ Pickups the new Luxury Car?
I was a little over the top... the F150 has no dents and perfect bumpers, etc... it does have some scratches from getting too close to bushes in the backcountry... no scrapes.

/ Pickups the new Luxury Car? #25  
My story is almost exactly the same as aarolar.
Traded in an old (20 years) truck-tasks-only vehicle and got a reasonable trip vehicle with enough room and the ability to tow. My L3940 with accessories puts me past 1/2 ton towing. Got a GMC duramax, used, for a real good deal. Let someone else pay depreciation. Will eventually pear down a car, too, which should help with expenses even if the gas mileage isn't as high as it could be. Man alive, though, the Sierra Denali is crazy with creature comforts.

Infact, just today we are talking about borrowing a camper from my parents and doing our "out west" trip this year. Wouldn't be discussing it without the "new" truck in the stable.

/ Pickups the new Luxury Car? #26  
Ha, yep the new top end trucks do cost an arm & Leg but if you like the all the toys then it's a win for you.I'm still trying to figure out all the hi-tect on my 2016 GMC Denali.Hey what the h*ll you only go around once, might as well enjoy it if you can afford it, although I have to admit it's hard to get your head around paying more for a truck then it cost you to build your house, even though it was 46 years ago!
DevilDog IMG_2874.JPGIMG_2900.JPG

/ Pickups the new Luxury Car? #27  
The pretty plastic painted bumpers bug the crap out of me. I was lucky enough to find one last time without. Would have had to replace by now, if I didn't.

/ Pickups the new Luxury Car? #28  
I am waiting for that. My truck is 26 years old. It does a great job, but in the next five years I'm gonna look for something with an extended cab and 4wd, both of which I'm currently lacking.

I'm figuring that once gas goes back up, I'll be able to buy a 3/4 or 1 ton gasser on the cheap.

That's a good plan, I bought my '02 4x4 F250 Crew Cab Lariat with the 7.3 in it in 2008 when diesel was $4/gal. I paid $14,900 for it then and could easily sell it for that much today if I wanted to but, I see the value in the 7.3 just like a potential buyer would so there's no way I'm letting it go. I've gt the 6.5' bed and am glad of it.

When I got the truck, it was very clean, bed had seen some use but otherwise pristine. It's a true work truck now, complete with creases in the back of the bed from the tractor bucket from turning around in some very tight spots, South Texas pinstripe (also known as mesquite scratches) and some body trim pieces that are bent out a little from a narrow creek crossing. While it looks a little "rough", it's a very reliable truck and has done everything I've ever asked of it.

/ Pickups the new Luxury Car? #29  
I've got an 8 foot regular cab and 6.5 extended. I was trying to get an extended cab with 8' bed,but I came across this deal. When my 8' dies I may try to find an extended cab with 8. Those little beds are for kids.

/ Pickups the new Luxury Car? #30  
I still remember my FIRST pickup truck. In the Fall of 1969, after the dealers had gotten new 1970 models in stock, I bought a new 1969 Chevy, standard cab, short, narrow bed, manual transmission, inline 6 cylinder, for $1,956 plus TT&L. It did have a heater, spare tire, and rear bumper, but no radio, not even a cigar lighter.:laughing: It's a long ways from there to the 2015 F150 crew cab we now have.:D