Pics of haying

/ Pics of haying #11  
Slightly off topic, not haying, but plowing. This was me driving the tractor around 1964 or so, my uncle handling the plow, in Nova Scotia. Plowing has changed some too!

That was a year before I was born.

I really like the picture, it just jumps out at me as a very good example of how things have changed. I'm sure it wasn't all that unusual to do that sort of work, and you probably didn't think anything about. You just knew that it needed to get done, so you went out there and did it!!!!

Thanks for sharing,
Eddie

/ Pics of haying #13  
It was somewhat wet in my pastures, but no ruts, etc. My problem as wet ant mounds plugging my disc mower. I finally got sick of clearing it and just mowed it. As soon as I get the hay out of there I will let the cows clean it up.

D.

How long did you let the hay set before you raked it? I've had rain every week in NE Texas.

/ Pics of haying
How long did you let the hay set before you raked it? I've had rain every week in NE Texas.

Cut: Friday and Sat
Rake some on Wed - mostly TH.
Baled some on TH and rest on Friday
Rained .46" on Sat.

It got some rain, but a minimal amount during that week.

D.

/ Pics of haying #15  
I cut most of my acres last night and was real pleased w/ the new stand I put in. In most places it was real heavy (like fur on a dog). I think I have more than enough down to sq bale and roll. The only reason I didn't do all my acres was the field is still too wet in the middle. Up until this week we've have loads of rain. Hope we continue getting ample rain thru the summer.

/ Pics of haying
I cut most of my acres last night and was real pleased w/ the new stand I put in. In most places it was real heavy (like fur on a dog). I think I have more than enough down to sq bale and roll. The only reason I didn't do all my acres was the field is still too wet in the middle. Up until this week we've have loads of rain. Hope we continue getting ample rain thru the summer.

Cool deal!

More fertilizer too

D.