Pics of unknown mower

/ Pics of unknown mower #1  

yazooman

Can anyone tell us who the maker of this old mower is?

Attachments

• 100_0326.jpg
    100_0326.jpg
    332.1 KB · Views: 641
  • 100_0327.jpg
    100_0327.jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 687
  • 100_0328.jpg
    100_0328.jpg
    329.2 KB · Views: 1,444
   / Pics of unknown mower #2  
yazooman said:
Can anyone tell us who the maker of this old mower is?
I would bet on it being a homebuilt mower made from a defunct Ariens rear engine rider, the deck looks like an ariens, the engine is a briggs (possibly a repower). however the frame looks home made or home modified.

can you take a closer picture of the transmission area??? I cant see what kind of tranny it has.

Aaron Z

/ Pics of unknown mower #3  
no it's not homemade, we had one when I was a kid, I have no idea what it is but I'll ask my dad and post later.

/ Pics of unknown mower
i know its not a roof sarlo yazoo or any well known make saw something on ebay long ago called a lazy boy made in kansas city before i got this reminds me of what i saw then

/ Pics of unknown mower
to see large pics go to lawnsite mech and repair forum posted under yazooman

/ Pics of unknown mower
engine is unique has 2 shafts out bottom crank belt runs blade other shaft runs sp belt very simple made although i repainted top port of handles were chrome like all other was red

/ Pics of unknown mower #7  
Dad says it's a Snapper, which is what I thought, but I wanted to make sure before I said so...

/ Pics of unknown mower
i work for aSnapper and Stihl dealer it is definetly not a Snapper but good guess

/ Pics of unknown mower #9  
well, we had one just like it and I'm sure he knows what kind of mower it was, If I had to guess we got it in the late 70's, but I don't know if it was new when we got it.

/ Pics of unknown mower
sanded on engine today and found numbers according to code its a 74 model briggs