Picture on Jinma 284 gas tank install anyone?

/ Picture on Jinma 284 gas tank install anyone? #1  

leop

Tractor
Jinma 284, Cat D4 Dozer
My Jinma is in the current state of disrepair shown in the picture. She runs fine, so I would like to now put her back together.

I have all the parts, but unfortunately I do not remember how it all goes back together. The on-line parts breakouts that Jinma parts dealers graciously provide do not show this area well, if at all, so I am wondering if anyone has any pictures of this area on thier tractor that make the mounting and braketry arrangement clear?

If not does anyone know if the assembly manual showed the area clearly and if so where I can get that manual? I assume that the maintenance manual does not show this area clearly but please let me know if that is not correct so I can order a maintenance manual.

Even hazy pictures, or pictures that don't show everything but show some of what's going on would be helpful.

Thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to help out.

Sincerely,

Leo

Attachments

• 20200729_140549.jpg
    20200729_140549.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 126
   / Picture on Jinma 284 gas tank install anyone? #2  
Take a look here: Harnerfarm Jinma 284 100_0272.JPG
I have a few pictures taken during assembly from the crate. Here is one that my provide some clues. I can take others if you let me know what to focus on.

/ Picture on Jinma 284 gas tank install anyone?
Take a look here: Harnerfarm Jinma 284 View attachment 664764
I have a few pictures taken during assembly from the crate. Here is one that my provide some clues. I can take others if you let me know what to focus on.

That picture helps out a lot!!! If you could take a picture from the front of the decompression lever and the hand throttle I think that I would have everything I need to put her back together.

Great looking tractor by the way!

/ Picture on Jinma 284 gas tank install anyone? #4  
WP_20200801_08_59_10_Pro.jpgWP_20200801_08_58_02_Pro.jpg

These aren't the best pictures but maybe they will help. Let me know if you want anything different or up close.

View attachment 665021View attachment 665020

These aren't the best pictures but maybe they will help. Let me know if you want anything different or up close.

First off you have been a great help. I really appreciate it.

Its hard to see under that instrument consol but what i am stuck on is how that hand throttle mounts. Cant figure it out for the life of me darn it!

/ Picture on Jinma 284 gas tank install anyone? #6  
There are a couple of different designs for the hand throttle. Some tractors apparently had parts of both designs.
Does yours go through the fiberglass instrument panel or under it and to the right side?
Mine is the latter. I will try and get better pictures of that tomorrow and post them.
I had the instrument cluster and hood off a few months ago. I converted the instrument cluster retainers to be accessed from the outside. Not as need looking as the original but WAY easier to work on! Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures during the process.

/ Picture on Jinma 284 gas tank install anyone? #8  
The parts book shows a blow up of most of the areas ? We have the 254/284 Parts books if you are interested, plus just about any other part you may need

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales
"Your Jinma Parts Superstore"
Home of compact Jinma, Foton, and Koyker Tractors and Parts, Wood Chippers, Backhoes - Affordable Tractor Sales Company
979-865-4002

Tommy,

I I have always appreciated all the help that you provide to jinma owners on these forums. I have seen the online parts diagrams and they have helped a lot. Unfortunately they don't show the area that I'm confused about.

There are a couple of different designs for the hand throttle. Some tractors apparently had parts of both designs.
Does yours go through the fiberglass instrument panel or under it and to the right side?
Mine is the latter. I will try and get better pictures of that tomorrow and post them.
I had the instrument cluster and hood off a few months ago. I converted the instrument cluster retainers to be accessed from the outside. Not as need looking as the original but WAY easier to work on! Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures during the process.

Mine is a spring-loaded shaft that comes straight up through the instrument panel. I think maybe it's time that I just started bolting things together a building brackets as I need to to stabilize stuff and then see where that takes me. The pictures above help out an awful lot though, but they show it coming out the side which is what the jinma 354 is that my local neighbors have are configured as well