Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,141  
Pictures of your snow weapons. Re: My $50 snow plow now is maybe my $2000 plow?

Over the several years I've had this plow,an old Fisher commercial duty 8' hunk of steel I picked up for $50. I bet i have near $2000 in it now.

I've replaced and reinforced the QA plate, installed all new hydraulics & hoses, rebuilt the trip edge and springs, added 8" HD skid shoes and weld repaired the thing more time than I want to think about. Plowing boulders, catching ledge, stumps, and frozen ice banks is kind of tough on equipment. I figure I plow entire acre if I do all areas of the property from a storm.

I bet it has 100 lbs or more weld rod in the plow.

Latest fail were the upper and lower brackets at the rod end of the right side SA tilt cylinder failed finally after hitting several frozen boulders partially buried along my driveway.

A great guy done our road has a nice little machine, weld and repair side gig in a heated workshop.

His rates are about 1/3 of a regular business and his cost to repair stuff is about 1/5 to 1/10 of the local Kubota dealership.

Working along side him fabricating all new brackets and welding on the grill guard I have been meaning to do for years took 4 hours.

I'm ready for the next storm coming this week!

Attachments

• 20180121_L39 Plow New Brackets(3) (1280x768).jpg
    20180121_L39 Plow New Brackets(3) (1280x768).jpg
    550.7 KB · Views: 184
  • 20180121_L39 Plow New Brackets(1) (1214x1280).jpg
    20180121_L39 Plow New Brackets(1) (1214x1280).jpg
    884.7 KB · Views: 186
  • 20180121_L39 Plow New & Old Brackets(1) (1280x768).jpg
    20180121_L39 Plow New & Old Brackets(1) (1280x768).jpg
    661.2 KB · Views: 745
  • 20180121_L39 Blow Fixed(1) (1280x840).jpg
    20180121_L39 Blow Fixed(1) (1280x840).jpg
    797.7 KB · Views: 241
  • 20180121_L39 Grill Guard (1) (1280x797).jpg
    20180121_L39 Grill Guard (1) (1280x797).jpg
    678.7 KB · Views: 192
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #4,142  
And I watched the whoooooooole 7:50. :laughing:
Nice video. Lord you got a lot of plowing to do. Can't imagine if you had a foot of two.

My plow has a 30" high moldboard, here I'm (trying) plowing a little over 2' of wet and heavy snow. I was so dense that I couldn't get down to the road on the first pass.

39133439214_65a517e6d5_o.jpg

Still image from video by Click on me to see the video, on Flickr

Eric - I have to ask - what's with the ear plug? I thought those Kioti cabs were quiet?

Creamer, the cab isn't as quiet as say a field tractor and I wear ear plugs to protect my hearing--i�f I don't, my tenitus kicks in which is miserable.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,143  
Re: Pictures of your snow weapons. Re: My $50 snow plow now is maybe my $2000 plow?

Over the several years I've had this plow,an old Fisher commercial duty 8' hunk of steel I picked up for $50. I bet i have near $2000 in it now.

I've replaced and reinforced the QA plate, installed all new hydraulics & hoses, rebuilt the trip edge and springs, added 8" HD skid shoes and weld repaired the thing more time than I want to think about. Plowing boulders, catching ledge, stumps, and frozen ice banks is kind of tough on equipment. I figure I plow entire acre if I do all areas of the property from a storm.

I bet it has 100 lbs or more weld rod in the plow.

Latest fail were the upper and lower brackets at the rod end of the right side SA tilt cylinder failed finally after hitting several frozen boulders partially buried along my driveway.

A great guy done our road has a nice little machine, weld and repair side gig in a heated workshop.

His rates are about 1/3 of a regular business and his cost to repair stuff is about 1/5 to 1/10 of the local Kubota dealership.

Working along side him fabricating all new brackets and welding on the grill guard I have been meaning to do for years took 4 hours.

I'm ready for the next storm coming this week!

536818d1516577459-pictures-your-snow-weapons-20180121_l39-plow-new-old-brackets

That is a lot of stress going into 1/4" thick bit of flat iron. Is the trip system not up to par? The lower edge trip systems are good until you hit a curb and the entire rig comes to a dead stop while the operator tries to not go through the front window. For all its faults on the illconceived SSQA plate, when my Hiniker straight blade hits something as large as a curb, it flops down and bounces over it greatly reducing the stress on the plow and my loader bushings.

The first 30 seconds of this video, shows how the plow trips. That said, I now wish I had spent more money for a 9' V-plow.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,144  
The was another 1/4" backing plates and some bushings on both the old plates and in the new plates(Not Shown)

The old plates had them but were ripped right off! Sort of a mechanical fuse.

My trip edge works fine, except when the whole plow hits those frozen boulders that are along size my built up driveway thru the swamp. Drive is 3 - 5 Ft of blast rock with 12" of gravel on top.

The right way to save my tractor and plow would to be to use a Prince 4 way cushion valve, but I keep telling myself just to be more careful.
1/2 NPT 3 GPM 15-3 PSI Hydraulic Cushion Valve | Relief & Cushion Valves | Hydraulic Valves | Hydraulics | www.surpluscenter.com

Eric,

Like you picture. but I hate plowing snow!

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,145  
I'm looking for a new snow plow to attach to my 2032's loader arms, looked at a boss poly any suggestions

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,146  
VersatileSnow.JPG

Versatile bidirectional with an 834 Lorenz blower. 13" wet heavy snowfall. Due to the wind it's about half that depth in this pic, get's to full depth in another 50' or so, then about 30" where the snowplow left his windrow. Nothing beats hydrostatic in these conditions.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,147  
When I click on it, its upside down... that would be fun!

I rotated it just in case its not my computer...

B3958BF1-921D-4FA8-8E13-5150ACFE8790.jpeg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,148  
When I click on it, its upside down... that would be fun!

I rotated it just in case its not my computer...

Yeah, I thought that gave some fun context to the "bidirectional" part of the description :D

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,149  
Found this drone video of a Versatile 150 clearing snow. Pretty sweet! :thumbsup:

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,150  
MossRoad - The pics displays right side up for me, apparently not for others though, interesting.

Thanks for the Vid, hadn't seen that one. He needs to add a hydraulic cylinder to that deflector on the snow chute, really helps when blowing in tight areas or in windy conditions you can limit the amount of snow blowing back at you by lowering the snow stream down. No sure why he seems to lunge ahead into the drift, almost like it's a clutch, should be able to just creep ahead with the hydro, especially in low gear. These are a 3 speed gearbox with the hydro, wonder if he's in a higher gear. You can see in the vid how the articulated really makes it easy to maneuver the blower.