124.1 KB · Views: 352
  • dm6-110.jpg
    dm6-110.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 285
  • df1-034.jpg
    df1-034.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 387
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #543  
Yep, I used to break something every year pushing snow in revers with my 7' HD Woods blade. I would break my 6' LD Howse blade itself. Never nothing I could not weld up but pushing in reverse is the least desirable way but hey, its better then a shovel.:laughing:

Chris

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #544  
Yep, I used to break something every year pushing snow in revers with my 7' HD Woods blade. I would break my 6' LD Howse blade itself. Never nothing I could not weld up but pushing in reverse is the least desirable way but hey, its better then a shovel.:laughing:

Chris

Not if it is a shovel like ccsial has. :D

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #545  
The only time I push in reverse is pushing the snow at the end of the driveway over the hill. Slow and easy since it's a 20 foot drop.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #546  
I'm curious about the pushing snow in reverse thing. My method has been to blow all but about 1" of snow (gravel drive) and then finish by pushing the snow with the back blade with the blade facing backward. I pretty much know where the hazards are and when the blade meets something, it goes up and over.

Anyone have problems doing it this way?

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #547  
skywater
If just an inch of snow, I'd drive forward and pull the blade to remove that inch. Angle and reverse the blade as necessary to move the inch of snow away.
Pushing in reverse is the pits. :D

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #548  
I'm curious about the pushing snow in reverse thing. My method has been to blow all but about 1" of snow (gravel drive) and then finish by pushing the snow with the back blade with the blade facing backward. I pretty much know where the hazards are and when the blade meets something, it goes up and over.

Anyone have problems doing it this way?

When I was using a rear blade, I pushed as you're describing. Just go at a sensible speed and you'll be fine. You will be pushing gravel (if your drive is gravel) on the lawn...that'll be part of Spring clean up.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #550  
Here's my poorman's plow, and it's storage spot.

Attachments

• plow6.jpg
    plow6.jpg
    904.2 KB · Views: 795
  • plza3.jpg
    plza3.jpg
    534.2 KB · Views: 602