Pin for 3 pt hitch

/ Pin for 3 pt hitch #1  

tstex

Gold Member
Tractor
1997 Kubota M5400S
Hello to all,

Have an M5400S and a during operations, the pin w the chain that is welded to joint stabilizer came off and before I noticed it was gone. I called a dealer and they wanted $27.00 for that pin.

Does anyone know of a secondary mkt or another place that is more reasonable?

Thank you very much,
tstex

/ Pin for 3 pt hitch
Thanks Fling - just did a web search for "tractor pins" for TS and nothing that fits the bill - appreciate your suggestion...

/ Pin for 3 pt hitch #4  
Fling wing was referring to your local farm supply store. Or there websites.

Big R
Rural king
Tractor supply
Farm and fleet
Fleet farm
ECT..

/ Pin for 3 pt hitch #5  
You may have to try a variety of search terms..pin, lynch pin, tow pin, hitch pin, drawbar, etc.

/ Pin for 3 pt hitch #6  
Thanks Fling - just did a web search for "tractor pins" for TS and nothing that fits the bill - appreciate your suggestion...

Not sure which "pin" you are talking about. Pretty sure it is not an ouch clip or hair-pin, not for that price anyway, I buy pins of various sizes there often and you can also find a smaller selection at Harbor Freight. If you have a TSC near you, go and check as their supply is pretty good. If you are talking about this stabilizer pin, they have them at TSC under lower link pin.
1 clamp_on_forks2.jpg

/ Pin for 3 pt hitch
Thank you guys and sorry for any confusion.

Here's a link to a Kubota M5400 parts page...when you hit link, go down and look at part #160, then look at the pin that is on a chain..it's welded to the stabilizer bar. I need just that pin. Pls let me know if you have any questions? I'm also trying to have my brother take a picture of the pin so I can post here. Thanks again - tstex

Parts for Kubota M54 Tractors | Coleman Equipment

/ Pin for 3 pt hitch #8  
Thank you guys and sorry for any confusion.

Here's a link to a Kubota M5400 parts page...when you hit link, go down and look at part #160, then look at the pin that is on a chain..it's welded to the stabilizer bar. I need just that pin. Pls let me know if you have any questions? I'm also trying to have my brother take a picture of the pin so I can post here. Thanks again - tstex

Parts for Kubota M54 Tractors | Coleman Equipment

Your link to Kubota's site doesn't work. Item 160 on Coleman's site is the stabilizer assembly.

/ Pin for 3 pt hitch #9  
Your link to Kubota's site doesn't work. Item 160 on Coleman's site is the stabilizer assembly.

Okay, a simple hitch pin, similar to, but smaller than those used to connect a ball hitch into a receiver. The one on my LS is similar size, I'm sure about 3/8" diameter. It makes sense (Kubota sense) as to the price too because it is an "assembly" there is no part number for the pin on your list.

1 clamp_on_forks2.jpg

This is what mine looks like:
IMG_1123.JPGIMG_1125.JPG

Grab a 3/8" bolt and see how it fits, get a piece of round stock the same size and bend the end to make the L on the pin, drill your hair-pin hole, grind a taper on the end and you have it. Or, drop a 3/8" grade 8 bolt in there with a hole for a pin and let it be.