"pinning up" MMM on B7800?

/ "pinning up" MMM on B7800? #1  

woodchuckc

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L5030
I just purchased a used B7800 with a 60" MMM mounted on it this past weekend. I didn't get an owner's manual with it and the man that owned it is now deceased (I bought it from his widow), but I seem to recall that at least on some tractors the MMM can be locked in the raised position so that the 3 point hitch can be used without having the MMM dragging the ground. I have not fully examined the MMM linkages yet, but thought I would ask here before spending too much time poking around.

Thanks,
-Chuck

/ "pinning up" MMM on B7800? #2  
woodchuckc said:
I just purchased a used B7800 with a 60" MMM mounted on it this past weekend. I didn't get an owner's manual with it and the man that owned it is now deceased (I bought it from his widow), but I seem to recall that at least on some tractors the MMM can be locked in the raised position so that the 3 point hitch can be used without having the MMM dragging the ground. I have not fully examined the MMM linkages yet, but thought I would ask here before spending too much time poking around.

Thanks,
-Chuck
Immediately digressing from your point and question, it's very easy to remove the mower deck, then get on about your business. I too have the 7800 with a mmm and a loader. Takes me less than two minutes to pull the deck, then about another three to attach the loader. Done deal for me.

However, there is another thread here (of recent) about pinning a deck. A search will turn it up. Honestly, I'd pull the mmm and move on.

/ "pinning up" MMM on B7800? #3  
   / "pinning up" MMM on B7800?
   / "pinning up" MMM on B7800? #5  
crbr said:
Immediately digressing from your point and question, it's very easy to remove the mower deck, then get on about your business. I too have the 7800 with a mmm and a loader. Takes me less than two minutes to pull the deck, then about another three to attach the loader. Done deal for me.

However, there is another thread here (of recent) about pinning a deck. A search will turn it up. Honestly, I'd pull the mmm and move on.
I have to agree. I left my mmm on the tractor while doing fel work, and ended up dragging the rear wheels of the mmm across the ditch I was making. I then went down into the hollow to load up and haul out some firewood(pretty rough logging roads). I didn't realize the damage I was doing, and ended up having to replace the wheels on the mower, which the dealer went ahead and gave to me, even though they were ruined due to my bone head mistake. You may not be doing such work with your tractor, but I would just remove the mower deck prior to doing anything but mowing. For the short time it takes, it will save you a lot of grief. Best of luck.

/ "pinning up" MMM on B7800? #6  
That MMM is worth about $2K. If you have the loader, use it to your advantage & take the 2 minutes it takes to remove it. It isn't worth the risk.