Pipe plowing with poly (roll) roll pipe vs. pipe pulling with PVC pipe

/ Pipe plowing with poly (roll) roll pipe vs. pipe pulling with PVC pipe #21  
A few thoughts ...

I welded a 5/8 nut on the back heel of my subsoiler. The nut flats make it easy to weld on. The nut forms a loop to fasten the pipe to.

Black poly roll pipe comes in two pressure ratings. I used the 300 psi for strength.

/ Pipe plowing with poly (roll) roll pipe vs. pipe pulling with PVC pipe #22  
I know about PVC pipe for water lines but I am completely ignorant on roll
poly.

I have a camp I bought and I am renovating it. I think the water line that runs from the well to other end of the cabin is what you guys call roll poly.

It is black thin wall tubing either 1 inch or 1 1/2 inch in diameter.
It actually ran to an old trailer and is not in use at this time.

I have been trying to decide whether I should use it to supply water to my
cabin or replace it with PVC.

From the well to the start of the cabin is 40 feet . THen it runs underneath the cabin another 40 feet. So about 80 feet in total. The portion underneath the cabin is in a shallow trench not even covered with dirt but I could easily throw some dirt on it. The portion from the well to the cabin appears to be buired well and because of pine trees and other obstacles I would have to dig by hand and make some bends in the water line before I could reach the start of the cabin.

So here are my questions
1. Is this probably roll poly ? Is water supplied through roll poly - potable water ?

2. My camp is in lower southwest Mississippi so we do get some freezing in winter but basically pretty mild winters. Would covering it with 4 or 5 inches of soil be enough to keep it from breaking during the winter ?

Really appreciate any and all comments or suggestions. It certainly would be alot easier on me to hook back into the existing tubing and cover it with dirt.
However , I do want to do it right and do not want to supply non potable water to the cabin or have a problem every winter with this stuff breaking.

Thanks for your help

It is always better deeper, ummm yea,, any ways,,,if you can go 12" minimum, you will not need to worry at all, even ground compaction from people walking over and over again and again or a vehicle or so.
Up here in Oregon we are required to go 18" and it is a good thing, we get a few freezes and some times very harsh for a few days, so far no broken pipes with PVC at 18" plus deeper.:thumbsup:

/ Pipe plowing with poly (roll) roll pipe vs. pipe pulling with PVC pipe #23  
We have it running 200 feet from our well to cabin.
Buried about 6 to 8 inches. It has been there for at least 35 years and we drink from it. We only have about 2 freezes per year on average. Sometimes we drain it sometimes we don,t. If I was to replace it, I would go to PVC.

Thanks for the info, I think I will hook into it and cover it with dirt for now.
If i do I have to replace it I will also go with PVC

Thanks