Piranha Tooth Bar

/ Piranha Tooth Bar #1  

Happy Gilmore

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 5610 Ford 4630 Ford 3930 MFWD w/ 7310 loader Ford 3930 Kubota BX1500 Kubota RTV 900XT Kubota F2680E 72"RD Ford 4610 Kubota KX121-3
Just finally pulled the trigger and ordered a Piranha tooth bar for my BX1500. I've been on the fence for quite a while, figured hey why not.

/ Piranha Tooth Bar #2  
I have one primarily to protect the original edge on the 72" OEM bucket. It is very, very tough. The Piranah is not my primary digging bucket, but I have used it extensively digging out some large rocks from very dense clay while creating my driveway. The cutting edges have some wear and dings, but I am surprised at how good they still look from the very hard usage I have given them. A grinder can fix most of the edges should I feel a need in the future but am not at that point yet and probably will not get there either as my hard digging is mostly completed.

The Piranah has been banged, frammed, skidded across/into large granite rocks many more times then I can count when I should have taken the time to change to a narrower, better digging grapple bucket or stump bucket instead. I sincerely doubt any tractor less than 7000 pounds weight has worked a bucket any harder than I have, as more often than not my front wheels are in the air putting down pressure while digging rocks up to 2000 pounds buried ~ 95%. But the Piranah has only been dealing with smaller rocks in the few hundred pound range.

It is a great bang for the buck.

/ Piranha Tooth Bar #3  
I haven't had mine too long, but am happy so far. It worked great for clearing out a hedgerow full of rocks & brush.

/ Piranha Tooth Bar #4  
After you get it and have a chance to use it I think you'll agree with us that the PTB is money well spent. It's a very useful tool.

/ Piranha Tooth Bar
I'm hoping so, I've read a lot of good things

/ Piranha Tooth Bar #6  
After you get it and have a chance to use it I think you'll agree with us that the PTB is money well spent. It's a very useful tool.

I find many uses for it. For example, when I just had the bucket and tried to roll a big log, the bucket would just skid up the side of the log. The tooth bar bites in and I can roll the log easily. Scraping is a breeze with it and it detaches easily for snow use. Money well spent.

/ Piranha Tooth Bar #7  
I have one and it's probably not going to come off in the near future. I don't know how I was able to do without it. It's a great addition.

/ Piranha Tooth Bar
Glad to hear gentlemen, looks like it shipped out today

/ Piranha Tooth Bar #9  
Good for clearing Bamboo too I Sharpened the sides of the teeth to clear that stuff

/ Piranha Tooth Bar #10  
I have one and it's probably not going to come off in the near future. I don't know how I was able to do without it. It's a great addition.

Only time mine comes off is for back dragging.

I have both the ratchet rake and the PTB and they are both very different tools, and both have their use. I would not want to give them up. But let me tell you that PTB does turn your BX into a digging machine.