Pisten Bully 400 service and operations

/ Pisten Bully 400 service and operations
Little update on the sled trail grooming operations here. I texted my buddy today who worked there with me and he gave me a lengthy update. My old machine #4 was repaired but broken down again, before spring. This time for good and its now up FS. It should have between 9 and 10,000 hours on it. The operations manager had quit and my buddy took it over that so I might go back to work for them this fall. :) Thought you guys might like an update.

/ Pisten Bully 400 service and operations #292  
Cool-Thanks for the update.
Hope Michigan doesn't have a drought year after the low snowfall this season.

/ Pisten Bully 400 service and operations #293  
Let us hope so. As one who enjoys the work the snowmobile trail groomers do I look forward to seeing your pictures of the grooming operation again.

We had a very, very sparse snow year here, lowest since we move into the lake Superior snow belt in 1996. The fellows took there machines off the trail on March 15th. Houghton County listed our total snowfall as 131".

Thank you for your kind words. (y)

/ Pisten Bully 400 service and operations #295  
PB400 with 10K hours is one thing I'd be pretty cautious about buying. Good luck with next season Arly, hope it works out they way you want.

PB400 with 10K hours is one thing I'd be pretty cautious about buying. Good luck with next season Arly, hope it works out they way you want.
It had 8,000 something hours on it what I was running it so I have no idea what it has today, but the pumps and motors were showing there age. I heard a locale former PB mechanic was looking at it for a fun machine to have in his yard. Ya :D 375hp snow toy.

Last edited:
   / Pisten Bully 400 service and operations #297  
It had 8,000 something hours on it what I was running it so I have no idea what it has today, but the pumps and motors were showing there age. I heard a locale former PB mechanic was looking at it for a fun machine to have in his yard. Ya :D 375hp snow toy.
That would be the right person to own it! But those PB parts are $$$.

Well guys, just a little update. I've got a new job that pays quite a bit more than running trail bullys and less of a hassle to do. So its unlikely I'll be back to sled trails operations at this point. Yes, they are fun to operate!
arly PB 847.jpg

/ Pisten Bully 400 service and operations #299  
Well guys, just a little update. I've got a new job that pays quite a bit more than running trail bullys and less of a hassle to do. So its unlikely I'll be back to sled trails operations at this point. Yes, they are fun to operate! View attachment 708779
So you will be running a walk behind snowblower clearing the neighborhood drives, right? Good Luck with your new employment. Jon

So you will be running a walk behind snowblower clearing the neighborhood drives, right? Good Luck with your new employment. Jon
No, I didn't even run my snow blower this past winter. Pushed all our snow via 6x6. I'm now working in a metal/auto recycling business.. (aka junk yard) :LOL: