Pj & Big tex trailers ??

/ Pj & Big tex trailers ?? #81  
Can't read much of the faded invoice but I'm pretty sure UC 400 is what I purchased (I can see that its U something). In 2010 I paid $1,825.80 before tax which is $8.95/sf at 204sf (16x7)+(32x2)+(14x2). After almost 5 years and many uses for 5/8minus, top soil, barkdust, firewood, stuff for the dump, moving my kids, and hauling my tractor it is still flawless. More than a few times I've had a box scrapper or landscape rake sliding around in it. It's at least as smooth as a painted surface so no material flow issues when dumping (slipperier than the PC) and suffers no harm with the tractor tires. Not sure if it oxidizes or not (never noticed any) but if it does the result isn't a rougher or stickier surface.

Well, considering it's been another 4-5 years, I guess $12/sf isn't totally crazy. It certainly sounds like the product they described to me, and said was super durable. The closest dealer followed up and said that the UC 400 requires equipment they don't have, so I would have to shop around a bit more. Still, I'm not sure I can justify adding $2K (give or take) to the price of a $7K trailer...that just seems a bit much. I love the idea, but I'm not sure it's cost-effective for a weekend warrior like me.

/ Pj & Big tex trailers ?? #82  
Well, considering it's been another 4-5 years, I guess $12/sf isn't totally crazy. It certainly sounds like the product they described to me, and said was super durable. The closest dealer followed up and said that the UC 400 requires equipment they don't have, so I would have to shop around a bit more. Still, I'm not sure I can justify adding $2K (give or take) to the price of a $7K trailer...that just seems a bit much. I love the idea, but I'm not sure it's cost-effective for a weekend warrior like me.

Agree with your very sensible position. Had I not been able to purchase it as a business expense I think I would have made the same decision. After all, you can touch up or even completely repaint more times than you will ever need to for the cost of the Line-X!

/ Pj & Big tex trailers ?? #83  
Fabrique par means Manufactured By or Made By in French. The data plate on my PJ says it meets Canadian as well as USA standards.