PJ C5 car hauler for CUT

/ PJ C5 car hauler for CUT #11  
9899 is the GVWR, I just looked it up.

/ PJ C5 car hauler for CUT #12  
9899 is the GVWR, I just looked it up.

That would be considered a 5 ton trailer Eric. Guessing payload would be around 7500lbs or so. Looks like it'd do the trick when you get yourself a tractor. You'd just want to keep your weight centered over the axles, not towards the front, it'd make it tongue heavy. I'm jealous

/ PJ C5 car hauler for CUT
that is a nice trailer Congrats:thumbsup:

Not knocking your new trailer but- are you sure it is an additional 9899lbs.

because with 2 5200lbs. axles that seems a little high??

The trailer has a 12,500 GVWR. Back out the 2601 pound trailer weight and the trailer can carry 9899 pounds. This explanation was given to me by PJ Tailer after looking up my trailer's serial number (I wanted a can of touch up paint to cover anything I weld on). At 1875 pounds, PJ Trailer assumes 15% tongue weight. At any-rate, the trailer's maximum 12,500 GVWR exceeds my F150's tow rating.

I notice for maximum GVWR, the trailer's GVWR stickers calls for SEA-J684 Class V-5, 14,000 pound hitch, ball and receiver.

10172788_10202070553624893_5425774830948265314_n.jpg

/ PJ C5 car hauler for CUT #14  
Eric, what tractor are you going to (buy) haul on that nice trailer? Or is it a secret? lt190b

Eric, what tractor are you going to (buy) haul on that nice trailer? Or is it a secret? lt190b

I'm waiting to test out Deere's new 4066R to finalize my choice, but considering I've already priced it out, and I close on 2950 feet of lakeshore on the 15th, I may just pull the trigger without looking at the new Deere 4066R.

Of the tractors I've looked at, the Massey is, to my eye, the best looking. The Massey has the best hydros, speed wise, and likely the most robust chassis with tie rods mounted behind the front axle and beefier components, but the cab layout is traditional, and not ergonomic as other OEMs. Kubota's L6060 has some nice features (I especially liked the engine acceleration button on the joystick), higher quality automotive feeling controls, but for the price (keeping in mind that I shopped 2 or 3 dealers for each model whenever possible), Kioti's NS6010 is in the front running since it is $12K less than Kubota's L6060, $6,000 less than Massey's MF1758, and $14K less than the 4066R. The Kioti's cab controls are cheap feeling, but with the exception of the rear window wiper position and only one strut holding up the rear window, it has the best cab layout of controls. If the Massey could equal the layout Kioti, I'd get the Massey on the perception that the Massey is built better. The Mahindra, while less money still than the Kioti, started cold very poorly, one of the air vents in the cab literally fell off in my hand when I touched it and the cab layout was similar to the Massey and John Deere 4720, which I did not like.

Special considerations are that due to a complete lack of fear on my part, my body is pretty banged up, including my back, and as a result a key selling point for me is how easy is it for me to look backward at the 3 pt in the cab. I felt that Kioti is the best followed by Mahindra, Kubota, Massey and then the old Deere 4720.

Things that I was amazed by is that not one OEM offers a true 3rd loader function. Not one OEM offers a HD rearview camera and monitor and not everybody offers an OEM top and tilt.

/ PJ C5 car hauler for CUT #16  
Eric, thanks for the detailed review. Did you do a video review of the Kioti, if you did I missed it. lt190b

Eric, thanks for the detailed review. Did you do a video review of the Kioti, if you did I missed it. lt190b

I did. I've already looked at John Deere's 4720, Kubota's L6060, Massey Ferguson's MF1759 and Mahindra's 6010 and now I look at Kioti's newly introduced NX6010 HST. As a point of clarification of something in the video I in error, the NX series does not disable use or go into a limp mode during regeneration cycles. However, during a regeneration cycle, the engine must remain running. The operator may bypass the regeneration cycle up to three times, but after being bypassed three time the regeneration cycle will put the tractor into a limp home mode during regeneration. The Cab vents do not ratchet to remain fixed in place, but no tractor I've seen does that. Enjoy the video.

/ PJ C5 car hauler for CUT #18  
Nice trailer Eric. I like the removable fenders. I have them on my 20' tilt bed and they come in handy for side loading.

/ PJ C5 car hauler for CUT #19  
Eric, nice trailer great looking truck too.

Eric, nice trailer great looking truck too.

The truck is a different story. In Ford's attempt to make their trucks ride less firm, the rear leaf springs experience axle wrap straight from the factory. Sadly, the 157" wheel base truck I have has the odd-ball long top leaf springs and nobody has stiffer aftermarket alternatives. I had add-a-leafs on to fix the axle-wrap problem but one top leaf spring wore faster than the other side throwing the trust angle off and wearing out my rear tires super fast.

I'm now on a quest to get anybody to fab up a stronger top leaf without gouging me. I go over to Kramer Spring next week.

Life….