Plans for a small bridge?

/ Plans for a small bridge? #11  
Heres the bridge I built on my property last fall. I made it out of used T-Bar joist I primed and painted.

4399DSC01344-med.JPG
4399DSC01347-med.JPG

/ Plans for a small bridge? #12  
We have an old flatbed, found an older one that had already been plated w/ 3/8 steel plate spanning around 20 feet at the Motorcycle club. The stake pockets make it eazy to add handrails...they drive their ford tractor w/ 72" flail over it...

I do like the one pictured above...

/ Plans for a small bridge? #13  
I have a similar situation with half of my property on the other side of a large creek and about 30 acres of beaver pond. I have to do some work on the dam as soon as the high water recedes:(:( . For access to the other side I went downstream and put in culverts. Guess I did not trust my own engineering skills to risk tractors and trailer loads of wood. Good sugggestions here though! One of my neighbours used four old utility poles with four inch rough decking and rock cribs on each end. -- makes me nervous to take the ATV across it but he drives vehicles across it fairly regularly.

/ Plans for a small bridge? #14  
I'm always one for liability issues. As simple as things may seem, the minute someone gets hurt they own your property, sorry but that our society today.

Whatever you do, do it by the book so if and when something goes wrong your covered.

What sounds simple is a ATM card fo ran attorney.

/ Plans for a small bridge? #16  
My brothers FIL had a similar problem , deep live creek. he got a good deal on an old reefer trailer, cut of the top and drug the trailer floor over the creek. We have used that bridge for 15 years and have hauled 20 round bales over it at a time, it doesn't even flex much.

He set 2 steel post on the up river side and welded chain to the trailer. (on each end)

/ Plans for a small bridge? #17  
http://www.fpl.fs.fed.us/documnts/fplgtr/fplgtr125.pdf timber bridge superstructures
Timber Bridges timberbridges
Printable Covered Bridge Plans covered bridge

I plan on making a small covered bridge, it will be 22' long with three spans of two 2x12x10 and 2x12x12's bolted together. (the boards will be staggered so that the joints do not match up). These will have a 4' ramp cut into them at each end. Horzontally they will be held together by threaded rod with washer bolts and steel plates and 2x12s every two feet. the decking will go on top of this frame and then the covered part will be put on with 4x4's holding up a wooden shingle/shake roof.
i am in the buying part of the project stage.

things to remember
1'' of height per foot of lenght
25' more holding power when a steel plate is used.

/ Plans for a small bridge?
I sincerely appreciate all the help, folks.

Forgeblast, the timber bridge link is exactly what I'm looking for. I think that would work perfectly. Any ideas where to find poles like that in Georgia?

/ Plans for a small bridge? #19  
Do you live near a precast concrete supplier?

A couple 4' wide planks would be great.

Can you buy some new or used steel beams?

Good Luck

Yooper Dave

/ Plans for a small bridge? #20  
If you could find some smaller pieces of telephone pole i bet you could use them.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

Tire Rack (A34007)
Tire Rack (A34007)
456 (A33237)
456 (A33237)
Bushhog 176 Blade (A33041)
Bushhog 176 Blade...
Cable, Hooks and More (A34007)
Cable, Hooks and...
Mahindra Mforce 105P Farm Tractor (A34302)
Mahindra Mforce...
2012 Ford F-750 Digger Derrick Service Truck (A32932)
2012 Ford F-750...