Ballast Planted a tractor, hoping for bumper crop!

/ Planted a tractor, hoping for bumper crop!
Good deal Xfaxman! No problem Don :)

/ Planted a tractor, hoping for bumper crop! #52  
Yep, got it's self out! :) I crawled back in, turned the back wheels away from the silt, tilted the bucket down, put the boom down, raising the front wheels, put it in reverse, mashed the go pedal, wheels didn't even try to turn, thought something broke, so I extended the boom and slid The Versahandler back, got out and took the picture.

Ahhh...
So you were doing the demonstration of the advantages of having a hydraulic boom bucket on a tractor vs the conventional bucket & front and rear hydraulics.

You could be a tractor salesman...

/ Planted a tractor, hoping for bumper crop! #53  
Ahhh...
So you were doing the demonstration of the advantages of having a hydraulic boom bucket on a tractor vs the conventional bucket & front and rear hydraulics.

You could be a tractor salesman...

Yep, trying to show what a compact telehandler can do. There are several companies that that sell ag versions.

Sold this MF240D, soon after I bought the V518.

P9260009.JPG P3310004.JPG P4240244.JPG P4240251.JPG P6222203.JPG

The V518 Versahandler, with pallet forks.

P9260016.JPG P9260015.JPG

With a Grapple.

PB110002.JPG PB110003.JPG P7260010.JPG P7260012.JPG

Pulling trees

P7260001.JPG P7260006.JPG

Last edited:
   / Planted a tractor, hoping for bumper crop! #54  
My uncle called me one night, saying one of his workers got his tractor stuck. I am pretty sure its about a 100hp New Holland 4x4 with bucket (unsure model).

I drove up there to check it out, he had his guy disking a freshly tiled field, and had told him to go perpendicular to the tiles. Well, the worker didnt listen, and drove RIGHT DOWN one of the tiles. The front wheel was out of sight under ground.

I took my 2.5 ton military truck up, with winch.... and all we managed to do the first attempt was to drag the truck forward. Since I was pressed for time that night, I told him I would be back in the morning. While he waited, I had him dig (well his workers) a trench about 8' long, 6-10" deep. The next morning, we layed a 4x4 in the trench, chained around it to the front clevis mounts on the front of the 2.5 ton truck, and parked the front wheels on the 4x4. Set the winch in motion, and pulled the tractor right out.

Some place.... I have pictures of it, but no clue where anymore.

I should dig up the military field manual on vehicle recovery. It shows several methods of anchoring vehicles for winch use, as well as other methods for recovering vehicles by themselves.

/ Planted a tractor, hoping for bumper crop!
My uncle called me one night, saying one of his workers got his tractor stuck. I am pretty sure its about a 100hp New Holland 4x4 with bucket (unsure model).

I drove up there to check it out, he had his guy disking a freshly tiled field, and had told him to go perpendicular to the tiles. Well, the worker didnt listen, and drove RIGHT DOWN one of the tiles. The front wheel was out of sight under ground.

I took my 2.5 ton military truck up, with winch.... and all we managed to do the first attempt was to drag the truck forward. Since I was pressed for time that night, I told him I would be back in the morning. While he waited, I had him dig (well his workers) a trench about 8' long, 6-10" deep. The next morning, we layed a 4x4 in the trench, chained around it to the front clevis mounts on the front of the 2.5 ton truck, and parked the front wheels on the 4x4. Set the winch in motion, and pulled the tractor right out.

Some place.... I have pictures of it, but no clue where anymore.

I should dig up the military field manual on vehicle recovery. It shows several methods of anchoring vehicles for winch use, as well as other methods for recovering vehicles by themselves.

I learned to weld at an equipment co and we had a 2 1/2 truck rigged out with all kind of toys. We went when when it was real bad. It was100 dollar just to crank it. It was a cool truck, three winches, dozens of snatch blocks, anchor plates, scotches, it had a set of duals on the front that were a smaller diameter. Trackhoes, dozers, wreckers ... Biggest thing we pulled out when I was there was a 8400 Deere in a pond with a 15' batwing. After I left there I stuck a backhoe digging across a creek to run a water main. It was buried- I called a guy I worked with to get our big tractor coming and the 850 Case. My boss called to ask about my plan. I told him I wasn't waiting on the dozer because it was too far away. I was going to try with the new holland and had called for my old boss to get the truck ready in case.
He words were more explicit but the general spirit was do not call "that truck",we try everything we got first. It's going to need divers to hook it up before we call "that truck!" I want to see those manuals if you find them.