Planter for 32hp tractor

/ Planter for 32hp tractor #1  

Anonymous Poster

Can anyone recommend a planter (and where to get it) for a 32 hp tractor.......I want to plant a garden next year and need help with scaled down equipment(I'm only used to the big stuff) for preparing seed bed rows and planting,cultivating. Any suggestions ?????

/ Planter for 32hp tractor #2  
How much do you plan to plant and what do you plan to plant? There are some one row planters and they can be made into two row planters. This year I just used a tiller to prepare about 1/4 acre and then used a push seeder that cost $67. I seeded including open the rows, drop the seed at the correct depth, cover and compact the soil at the rate of about 1500 ft in an hour. Worked well for corn, beans, cowpeas, and fair for squash although I wound up planting them in hills as did the cucumbers, zuchini and cantalopes.

/ Planter for 32hp tractor #3  
Wen, sounds like you may have the same manual planter I use, although I spent a little more for mine and got every different sized seed plate they had. In 1995, when I first bought the B7100, my Kubota dealer showed me a starter kit (I believe that's what he called it) for $900 that was a single frame to go on the 3-point and then you had to use your wrenches and bolts to change implements on it. It included a one-row planter, 12" moldboard, bedder (2 double busters), and cultivators. The trouble is that I can't remember who made it except that the name started with an "S".

Bird