Planter row spacing problem

/ Planter row spacing problem
So would 48" rows be right? The would seed down the center of my tires, then I would straddle a single row to cultivate/fertilize.
Seems liked a lot of room but I have plenty of area available.

/ Planter row spacing problem #12  
My center to center with is 48" on the tractor, out side width is 60" (I have R4 :mad: )
So could plant 2 rows then adjust my cultivations and sprayer to 1 row? Suggest row width?

Right now your planter rows are set up at 30" rows so if you straddle the one row perfectly you will get 60" of working width. If you could widen the planter to a 32" row spacing that would give you 64" inches of working width 33/66 34/68 etc. Not much room but enough if your rows are nice and straight.

The hard part is on your way back making sure you maintain at least a 30" width from your previous row. If you don't have row markers on your planter than its worth your time to have a tape measure in the pocket to measure the distance. After a few rows you'll get pretty good at eyeballing the spacing from where your tires are from your previous tracks and won't need to measure.

As flusher said you can cultivate up 3 rows if you like if your tool bar is long enough. What I am in reference when I say 1 row is that you will be straddling only one row not two. Most CUT cultivators are generally set up less than 60" width and sweep alignment for one row.

As for spraying I would highly recommend if you do not have it already going with a spray boom. I have tried the fimco 3 nozzle boomless and a northern tool boomless nozzle and while they receive great online reviews they are absolutely horrible when trying to spray row crops. The droplets are entirely too big and once your crop starts to get some size to it the corn will shield the weeds from getting any contact so look for a 4 or 7 nozzle 10' boom if you do not have one already.

/ Planter row spacing problem #13  
My center to center with is 48" on the tractor, out side width is 60" (I have R4 :mad: )
So could plant 2 rows then adjust my cultivations and sprayer to 1 row? Suggest row width?

In my opinion you would be better off with a one row planter. Trying to use a two row planter with your tractor isn't going to give you the results you want. Sorry, I know that's not very helpful. I'm not familiar with your planter but is there a way to set it up as a single row planter? I believe you said the planters are mounted on a toolbar, maybe a different toolbar that will allow putting the planter centered on the tractor.

/ Planter row spacing problem #14  
Center the 2 planters between your tires and set the cultivator to match the planter. Use wide enough sweeps behind the tires to plow the wider row between the 2 narrow rows. adjust seed population/acre accordingly.
Planted acres of corn like this years ago with a JD 950 , 2 row Covington planter. Used a knocker box in the middle of a cultivator to side dress between the rows the last time I could get over it. Made lost of sweet corn for eating and field corn for feeding cows.