Planting grass

/ Planting grass #11  
Assuming I can't rent a 3pt hitch tiller for the BX2370, I was thinking...

Is it likely I could get something roughly equivalent to tilling by just using the BB1248 box blade on the BX2370?

The objective of PTO powered roto-tillers and disc harrows is to mix and smooth/level soil, leaving a seed bed ready or almost ready for planting.

You cannot obtain this objective using a Box Blade or Box Blade scarifiers.

/ Planting grass
Could I maybe substitute a pulverizer instead of a box-blade and rotary tiller?

/ Planting grass #13  
contact your local "machinery rental" store. not the large box stores, but some place that is primary duty is renting out machinery. they should have a little bit of everything.

though you might find they have a skid steer with attachments for it. vs 3pt hitch stuff though you never know till you call.

they also might have 2 wheeled tractor. with attachments for it as well. (think self propelled push mower on steroids) and ability to swap out the front attachment to different things.

rental places you tend to get a larger discount the longer you rent a given piece of machinery. instead of a couple hours or day, renting by a few days to week or longer you end up seeing more discount.

WARNING. if you have rental place deliver equipment. then consider it wasting half or more of the day away, waiting for them to show up. it is not that they do not show up. but stuff happens. and when you have everything lined up. ready to go. then there be an issue.

/ Planting grass #14  
Could I maybe substitute a pulverizer instead of a box-blade and rotary tiller?

PERHAPS you can, but a roto-tiller would be a better choice.

No suface/subsurface soil mixing with a Pulverizer.