Plastic mulch layers and raised bed equipment

/ Plastic mulch layers and raised bed equipment
How did you get your beds to look so straight? Is it the buckeye equipment?

Yes it is a buckeye. DFB is telling the truth. You have to look straight, and it so tempting to look back. Those pictures are many adjustments ago, beds are much better now.

/ Plastic mulch layers and raised bed equipment #12  
Yes it is a buckeye. DFB is telling the truth. You have to look straight, and it so tempting to look back. Those pictures are many adjustments ago, beds are much better now.

Is it necessary to run the bed shaper before the mulch layer to have raised beds?

/ Plastic mulch layers and raised bed equipment #13  
There are 2 types of mulch layers . Flat bed mulch layers that lay the mulch on a flat bed. A raise bed mulch layer form a bed anywhere from 4 inches to 8 inches depending on the make and size of the mulch layer .

/ Plastic mulch layers and raised bed equipment #14  
Is there a brand or a model that you guys recommend? I am interested in buying a mulch layer one that raises the beds to 6".

It is all personal preference. The best value is probably Kennco, most adjustment is buckeye, rainflo, Reddick are great units. Nolts makes a solid one as does mechanical transplanter. There are others especially if looking across the big pond.
I am happy with the Buckeye

image-1360707640.jpg

image-41836186.jpg

Strawberry beds this year
but it has been work setting it. All other manufactures have constants, buckeye is FULLY adjustable. I have assembled and reassembled mine several times.

The curved bed too.

image-2889437731.jpg

I would rather have straight rows but drainage was problem in this spot. Curves drop at each end does not wash and drains great.

/ Plastic mulch layers and raised bed equipment #17  
Do you guys ever use a bed shaper? Or since you have the mulch layer that does the job have no need for it?

/ Plastic mulch layers and raised bed equipment #18  
The mulch layer does the whole job.