Comparison Please compare Cub Cadet to Craftsman models

/ Please compare Cub Cadet to Craftsman models #31  
When you buy gas, be sure to buy 100% gas and none of that ethanol.

Doesn't hurt to treat the gas with Marvel mystery oil or some other stabilizer.

Run the gas out of the carb and change the oil at the end of the season. Probably should change the air filter, tool.

If the mower is going to sit unused for longer than a week or so during the cutting season, it could be wise to run the gas out of the carb.

Not all mowers come with a fuel line shutoff these days. I'd put one on if yours does not have one. Cost about $6.00 maybe. You can shut off the gas and let the engine run until it until the fuel runs out of the carb that way. It's simple and should save you a lot of headaches.

Not to start an argument but have never have followed any of these recommendations and never a problem.

E10 is the only thing available in the form of automotive gas and has been for many yrs here. I do use Sta-bil in the gas over winter. Mowed for the first time last week. First time engine has been started in months. Engine was running and smoothly within 2 sec of hitting the key. Just like it had been ran the prior week.

Nothing against what you suggest but I've never found it necessary in over 5 decades of tending to small engines I've owned.

/ Please compare Cub Cadet to Craftsman models #32  
Not to start an argument but have never have followed any of these recommendations and never a problem.

E10 is the only thing available in the form of automotive gas and has been for many yrs here. I do use Sta-bil in the gas over winter. Mowed for the first time last week. First time engine has been started in months. Engine was running and smoothly within 2 sec of hitting the key. Just like it had been ran the prior week.

Nothing against what you suggest but I've never found it necessary in over 5 decades of tending to small engines I've owned.

- X2 :thumbsup: