Please help identify Massey Ferguson 135

/ Please help identify Massey Ferguson 135 #1  

Mur386

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 135 Diesel
Hello
I am unable to find a serial number plate, I did find a number on a flat surface on engine block above the Diesel injector pump. That number is 2301734 . Will post a picture as well. Have read that model numbers were riveted to left side of dash, no rivet holes and no plate. looked in battery tray area as well, could not find anything. Help with where to look?
thank you
Billy

Attachments

• massey in the field.JPG
    massey in the field.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 963
   / Please help identify Massey Ferguson 135 #2  
Hello Bill,

Have spent some time looking for alternate locations, have found threads stating they might be stamped in the cowl beneath the guages, aside from that all threads referred to a data plate on the lower left side of the cowl when sitting on the tractor. Engine serial number didn't yield anything helpful either.

If not stamped on the outside of the cowl beneath the guages, is there anything stamped on the inside of the cowl maybe?

Mike

/ Please help identify Massey Ferguson 135 #3  
Hello
I am unable to find a serial number plate, I did find a number on a flat surface on engine block above the Diesel injector pump. That number is 2301734 . Will post a picture as well. Have read that model numbers were riveted to left side of dash, no rivet holes and no plate. looked in battery tray area as well, could not find anything. Help with where to look?
thank you
Billy

The ID tag on my 1964MF135 diesel is located on the right side of the battery support tray. You have to remove the air cleaner to see it.

/ Please help identify Massey Ferguson 135
Thanks Mike476 and flusher
Have read about them sometimes being rivet to the panel underneath the guages and also about the battery tray location, looks like I will be pulling the filter housing and looking there, most likely needs to be cleaned inside and out anyway. I have not closely inspected cowling for numbers stamped into it will look there as well.
Heres hoping
Billy

/ Please help identify Massey Ferguson 135 #5  
Billy, did you ever figure this out? I am looking for both my engine and main chassis serials as well on my 135 diesel. I took a good look at it today and wrote down all of the numbers I could find with an external search (did not look inside the battery compartment as suggested here) but none seem to match anything.

/ Please help identify Massey Ferguson 135 #6  
Also tell me more about the device in front of the rear wheel, looks like a combo step brush cutter? Definately set up for bush wacking.

/ Please help identify Massey Ferguson 135
Hi David
The tractor has a complete bottom shield that covers everthing. the angled metal in front of the rear tire pushes smaller trees and brush away from you, it works very well. And makes for a springy step down when exiting the tractor seat. Which I really like. My grandfather welded it onto the bottom plate after a tree managed to get between the rear tire and right side lift controls and broke the lift controls cast iron housing. My Uncle was driving, he broke lots of things.
Bill

/ Please help identify Massey Ferguson 135 #8  
Hi David
The tractor has a complete bottom shield that covers everthing. the angled metal in front of the rear tire pushes smaller trees and brush away from you, it works very well. And makes for a springy step down when exiting the tractor seat. Which I really like. My grandfather welded it onto the bottom plate after a tree managed to get between the rear tire and right side lift controls and broke the lift controls cast iron housing. My Uncle was driving, he broke lots of things.
Bill
Now that is funny.............i don't care who ya are:laughing:

/ Please help identify Massey Ferguson 135 #9  
I live in Australia and have just purchased a MF 135. I'm very impressed with the performance of this little work horse. According to the serial number which is located on the right side of the dash on a tag it was born in 1973 The tag reads MF135 432482. I can not locate the engine serial number though. It has the AD3 152 diesel motor and according to all the information I can gather the engine serial number is supposed to be stamped into the block under the lift pump. There is only a clear surface there. Does anyone know how else I can find out the serial number of the engine? I mainly want to know to find out if the engine has rope seals or the lip seal.
I'm currently in the process of doing a restoration on all the bolt on bits. The engine and transmission are all in good order. The rest was OK but I've decided to make it look like new and have replaced all bushes and pins at the front end. I figure it is worth it.

/ Please help identify Massey Ferguson 135 #10  
Your tractor looks like my tractor?ame rounded fenders. Serial number is to the right under the throttle lever. a plate riveted on.

Hello
thank you
Billy