Please help Identify this!

/ Please help Identify this! #1  

a1parrothead

Tractor
Yanmar 1700
My sister has this old Edwards LR 101. I am not even sure what it is. Soil compactor, seed drill, I don't know!

Any help on what it is, age, value, and a HISTORY on the Edwards company would be helpful!

You have come through before, don't let me down now! I told my sister I could get the answer here FAST!! :)

Attachments

• plow1.jpg
    plow1.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 156
  • plow2.jpg
    plow2.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 157
  • plow3.jpg
    plow3.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 162
   / Please help Identify this! #3  
To me it is an older cultipacker...

Put a tag on it and send it to me...
No one wants these .... I will get it out of your yard.. :rolleyes: :)

/ Please help Identify this! #4  
To me it is an older cultipacker...

Put a tag on it and send it to me...
No one wants these .... I will get it out of your yard.. :rolleyes: :)
Iwonder if we are both correct? It looks like some of the custom cultipacker aerator machines that you can see on Google images.

/ Please help Identify this! #7  
Not much. Difficult to transport. $300? ~~ if it rolls smoothly. Many old Cultipackers had wood bearings which inevitably deteriorate over the years.

The spikes are to deepen the mini-furrows between the Cultipacker pressed in ridges to better hold rain. Are you in dry eastern Oregon?

Ken Sweet in Kentucky sells used, refurbished, towed Cultipackers, formerly used to compress fine tobacco seed into the soil, from time to time.

LINK: Sweet Farm Equipment - New & Used Farming Tools & Equipment | Tractor Equipment, Implements

Most compact tractor Cultipackers sold today mount on the Three Point Hitch.

LINK: Tractor 3 Point Hitch Cultipacker presses seeds into the worked ground and keeps the area from washing, also for breaking clods on plowed ground, making it easier to work and plant Cultipackers for tractors and ATV's at Everything Attachments.

I see the escalating price of iron and steel has already appeared in much higher new Cultipacker prices.

Attachments

• IMG_0526.jpg
    IMG_0526.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 137

Last edited: