Please help me find a Snow Cat!!!

/ Please help me find a Snow Cat!!!
The convair motor now seems to be the hot ticket for custom built airplanes . Just my luck! And your right ,the KT4 is going to take quite awhile if I can get all the parts working and to put her back together .
I have been on the phone almost all day on the Prototype I am after . The seller is having second thoughts since it has been in the family from day one !
The thiokol is a proven solid machine that can go just about anywhere . Yes ,it is boxy and that is what I do not like about it . It will get a built in bar /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif( for Me) , stereo , GPS, Satelite phone and DVD . Jeez! Sounds better than my house /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif . The things one does to keep the grandkids entertained and Grandma happy ! It I had a lick of sense ,I would just buy it and forget about the Kristi .I talked with the Thiokol owner tonight and we are pretty close on a agreement . I am difinitely going to put in a new polished Birch wood interior to make it a little more cozy and not so plain looking , if i get it . I do love a challenge !
Al

/ Please help me find a Snow Cat!!! #13  
Hello, Try inlandtrack.com in Toronto, I am pretty sure they have a few snow cats there, the website isnt much, dont judge them by that, call them. Drop me a note if I can help, I live near there and have occasion to pop in from time to time for Bombi parts.
Bruce
sark@sympatico.ca

/ Please help me find a Snow Cat!!!
Hey Thanks alot !
OK I just returned from Colorado picking up my new toy . Here is a link to it . http://www.sotc.com/specsheets/kristi.kt7.1.html

It is the actual one in the picture ,though much worst for wear . So now the restoration starts . I got it home ,replaced and checked fuilds ,new battery ,fixed the wiring problem that was grounding out the whole system ,added new fuel and it fired right off . It had been setting for about 4 years . I left it chained to the trailer when I started it and started figuring out the controls before releasing the chains and backing it off the trailer .
Tracks need to be replaced which was expected on a 40 year old machine . Fiberglass patch and repair to about two dozen holes drilled for various reasons through the years ,new paint inside and out , new updated interior, new weatherstripping ,new carpet and rubber floor mats and I might be ready to test it out .
It also came with a after market complete second hydrualic system for towing various snow grooming equipment . That will be removed so the rear seat can be reinstalled since this will be a "people hauler" and not used to groom snow trails .
The steering is set up just like a airplane cockpit complete with steering yoke and level flight indicator . The body hydrualic tilting mechanics work just fine and it is very strange to feel the body tilt from side to side or front to back . I have been told that only 4 were ever made and that they were all prototypes . The first one had a steel body and was a failure and just to heavy to be pactical . Mine is #004 . If anyone knows where the other two( #002 & #003) are located , I would sure like to know . The company owner was killed in a airplane crash and the company folded up shortly there after, stopping all future manufacturing .