Please review for me before I place my order. Kubota L2501

/ Please review for me before I place my order. Kubota L2501 #1  

jmt1271

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501
Think I've decided to go L2501 over the B2650 for the additional weight, slightly larger frame and tires and slightly improved loader specs.(mainly the 9 of so inches of additional lift height)

I have no need for a mid pto. I have to stay in lower hp engines to avoid dpf bs.

Wanting to show you guys what I intend to order, to make sure I'm not overlooking something.

2018 L2501 ROPS hst
FEL SSQA 54 inch bucket
Filled R4's
Dual rear remotes
LP 3rd function
LP grapple
LP land plane
LP post hole digger

May consider a LP slit seeder as well, just to finance it all together.

Use is as follows. We bought a home on 10 acres last year. Has 3 acres in pasture now, 1 to 2 more I intend to fence off to make more room for 2 horses.

There's about 2-3 acres that's woods. Completely choked with briar bushes etc amongst the mature trees. I want to use the FEL (with a tooth bar) to remove the thick crap while leaving the mature trees.

This is why I want the heavier L as opposed to the B2650.

I also have around 1000-1250 feet of gravel between 2 driveways to maintain. I'm leaning toward the land plane over a box blade for that.

Additionally need to be able to seed pasture and certain areas of my lawn.

I mow 4 acres of lawn with a Scag Tiger Cat 61 inch and have zero intention of using the tractor for mowing. Will never need a snowblower, so I think a mid pto would be useless to me.

Any thoughts on my thinking here? Anything I'm missing? Thanks guys.

/ Please review for me before I place my order. Kubota L2501 #2  
Sounds good;may want to look for a used bush-hog to help initial clearing.Should be a nice machine.

/ Please review for me before I place my order. Kubota L2501 #3  
You may want a float or detent position on one or two of the rear remotes. If they will be dedicated for top and tilt you may not need float but if you'll use the remotes for something like a bank mower you would. Detent would be good for continuous operation like a log splitter. It's cheap to add now.

The LP grapple may be heavy compared to some others (i.e. EA's). That loader doesn't have a huge capacity, adding a couple extra hundred pounds to the grapple takes that away from the capacity.

Consider telescoping stabilizers and 3pt arms to make changing implements easier. Or a quick hitch (though they're not compatible with all implements).

You can probably save some $$ by shopping around for implements vs getting them all from the dealer.

/ Please review for me before I place my order. Kubota L2501 #4  
That's an oddly small bucket for that tractor. I have an L3301, and it has a 66" bucket. With such a narrow bucket you won't be able to cover your own tracks.

/ Please review for me before I place my order. Kubota L2501 #5  
The land plane is great for doing driveways unless you have a lot of ditching to do, of course, then it is only useful for leveling. I'd skip the teeth on the bucket since you're getting a grapple - get a root grapple and you'll be able to root out the briars and haul them off to burn. If you need to ditch, get a good tipping/angleing/extending rear blade (not a Back Blade). I agree, get the 66" bucket, only a few bucks more I'm sure. Right on for the mid-pto.

I agree with a detent for the one of the set of remotes and a valve. You'll want to have constant flow for a backhoe if you ever get one, etc. If you will be working in mud (you already said no snow) just take a look at the ag tires vs R4s. I've always bought R4s because I'm on hard pack and asphalt and forest dun a lot and they do fine and ride smoother - but the Ags are said to give much better traction - should cost the same to you.

Doing good!

/ Please review for me before I place my order. Kubota L2501 #6  
Oh yeah, while you might not use it often, you should get work lights front and rear. They do come in handy from time to time and don't cost an arm and a leg (unless you buy factory, that is). Believe it or not, a horn comes in handy when you're working around/with others.

/ Please review for me before I place my order. Kubota L2501
Thanks guys. I'll look at the bigger bucket. For lights I'll wire in my own leds. Cheap and just like I want them.

/ Please review for me before I place my order. Kubota L2501 #8  
I'd keep the teeth on you bucket if you are going to be doing some digging and not just scooping up loose material.

/ Please review for me before I place my order. Kubota L2501 #9  
Indeed you done your home work. :thumbsup:
Have you consider rear tire chains,and if so will need rear tire spacers for the chains?

/ Please review for me before I place my order. Kubota L2501 #10  
Can't go wrong on the 2501. Add the loaded tires, and add rear wheel weights, the only downside on the L's is they are light in the rear.