Ploughing with my 4wd Truck

/ Ploughing with my 4wd Truck #11  
My mechanic that does the maintenance on our diesel trucks (99 F350 SuperDuty 4x4 Powerstroke and a 94 K2500 Suburban 4x4 6.5TD) used to be a Ford mechanic. He went to factory training and they showed tapes of stolen Ford diesel pickups in Mexico being used to plow fields. FBI said there was a market for those trucks down south so they get quite a few stolen from the southwest US and they end up in Mexico! How true it is I don't know but it was kind of funny to picture that.

Brad, Kubota L3010HST, loader, R4 tires
Pictures at http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=179207&a=9183978

/ Ploughing with my 4wd Truck #12  
Re:unimog

CNN has a good article on these things. 20' long, 7' wide, almost 10' high, 12,500 lbs and seats 3! Very nice indeed.

/ Ploughing with my 4wd Truck #13  

DC must be launching a subtle marketing blitz. I heard a bit on NPR this evening about Unimogs. Apparently, they are becoming available in the US. NPR interviewed a young girl who drove one from South America to Texas (I think?). They then had it disassembled and shipped to Seattle. The girl didn't seem too intent on the mechanicals of the beast, but she did enjoy driving it.

Still a bit pricey for me, and one of few vehicles that would get worse mileage than my truck /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-32437-790signaturegif.gif

/ Ploughing with my 4wd Truck #14  

Darned if they didn't make the 10 o'clock news out here tonight.

What I don't quite get is that they're pitching them as the ultimate SUV. Do you suppose the consumer version will still have the hydraulics and PTO's? Critics say that among other things they won't fit in normal parking spaces, but I bet if you have the right attachments, you could darn well make your own parking space wherever you wanted. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

'Scuse me while I go ask my wife if we have 84 grand to spare. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ Ploughing with my 4wd Truck #15  

/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Blessed are those who understand tractors and pickups, for they will not be seduced by useless SUV's . . .