Plow and snowblower on a BX quick hitch?

/ Plow and snowblower on a BX quick hitch? #1  

dsmiley

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25
I have a BX25 with a BX2750D snow blower on it. I'm entertaining the idea of getting a blade also, either the BX2763A or the TG2754. It appears that you could go back and forth between the blower and the blade quickly. Does anyone know if this is the case or is the PTO shaft on the quick hitch in the way? Thanks.

Dean

/ Plow and snowblower on a BX quick hitch? #2  
I used that same set up on my B2200 and now my B2620. Matter of fact I just got thru plowing the last few inches we just got. The drive shaft between the snow blower and the quick hitch just uncouples with no problem. The shaft from the mid pto stays in place. It takes but a couple of minutes to switch back and forth. I have the 2754 manual angle adjust. Wish it were hydro but for the $$$ I can jump on and off the tractor.
Good luck

/ Plow and snowblower on a BX quick hitch?
Thanks for the quick reply. That's what I thought, so I'll be looking for a used blade now. Thanks again.

/ Plow and snowblower on a BX quick hitch? #4  
Thanks for the quick reply. That's what I thought, so I'll be looking for a used blade now. Thanks again.

I've been looking for a 2754 too. Fairly inexpensive to add a hydraulic cylinder.

/ Plow and snowblower on a BX quick hitch?
I've been looking for a 2754 too. Fairly inexpensive to add a hydraulic cylinder.

I missed a BX2763A in CT yesterday. It was on CL for $550 with the quick hitch and looked to be in great shape. I found it just before starting this thread and when I revisited it a couple of hours later to get his phone number, it was sold. I didn't want to drive to CT, anyway.
I think it would be a good way to take care of a couple of inches of snow and use the blower for the deeper stuff.