Snow Attachments plow blade for snow removeal

/ plow blade for snow removeal #1  

escavader

Veteran Member
Tractor
bx-23 ,
Can any one reccomend a 3 point blade for snow removal.This will be about all it will be used for.Is there such thing as a replaceable cutting edge on a 3 point snow blade
ALAN

/ plow blade for snow removeal #2  
I have used a 3 point rear blade (Land Pride)for snow removal for years. It has a double edged, replacable edge. I attach the 3 point lower lift arms to the upper lift arms with a couple of lengths of chain so that the blade can "float" over uneven surfaces. This blade works very well. I like the way it can be quilkly mounted and the fact that you can rotate it 180 degrees so you can use it backing up. When backing, it is easy to rallly make a high pile by lifting the blade as reach the mound.

I must say that on another tractor, I have a 66 inchy wide 3 point snow blower with remotes to the rotator and flipper. This does the heavy lifting while I use the blade for final clean up. Not sure blade would work well with deep snow.

/ plow blade for snow removeal #3  
Most any good 3ph scraper blade will work. I used a fairly cheap one for many years. But be warned, if you hit an imoveable object, you can do a lot of damage to your tractor/blade. When I sold the blade, it was bent up pretty good. :eek: