Tiller Plow/Disc or Tiller

/ Plow/Disc or Tiller #21  
I bought this Grey market tiller cheap a few yrs. back and it's SAAAWEEEETT I do about 3/4 of an acre In a few hours with 24hp. or 20 at the pto. I use 1st @ 540. but if I feel I need to go 2nd gear @ 730 just about turns it to powder and still have 3rd. after the first pass using it was alittle slow but there is nothing to it now. here is a pic @ 540.

Carey

Attachments

• tractor%20010[1].jpg
    tractor%20010[1].jpg
    755.1 KB · Views: 291
  • tractor%20001[1].jpg
    tractor%20001[1].jpg
    524.1 KB · Views: 237
   / Plow/Disc or Tiller #22  
I could not afford a new tiller so when my friend offered me this sleeve hitch that I could convert to 3 point, I jumped at the chance. Rebuilt it (New bearings, races and seals-$30.00 or so.) And the rest is history!:cool:
101_0177.jpg

/ Plow/Disc or Tiller #24  
I'm a plow, disk, drag guy. We have truck farmed for all of my 58 years. I would indeed find a use for a 3 pt tiller, no doubt, but it isn't high on my budgeted items in the near future. I do use a walk behind tiller for walking the rows.

/ Plow/Disc or Tiller #25  
I bought this Grey market tiller cheap a few yrs. back and it's SAAAWEEEETT I do about 3/4 of an acre In a few hours with 24hp. or 20 at the pto. I use 1st @ 540. but if I feel I need to go 2nd gear @ 730 just about turns it to powder and still have 3rd. after the first pass using it was alittle slow but there is nothing to it now. here is a pic @ 540.

Carey

Carey, I have similar results w/my Iseki tiller...the grey markets are a real bargain, just have to be a little more careful about breaking tines when using them to break hard pan, virgin clay, etc.

I can't believe how good your soil looks, only thing I ever remember seeing in GA is red clay. I would kill to have some rich black soil like that. They have it upstate here in Illinois but down here I've got nothing but depleted brown clay.

/ Plow/Disc or Tiller #26  
Hey Darryl been a few.Not going there Though:D:D:rolleyes: Seen my local Grey dealer this weekend.He also asked to make sure that was me and complementing me on it also. I had some paper work out and he seen my old reciept and a bill of sale with the statment "Thats all I charged you For that" it"s to cheap I need to go up. It's been a few yrs. and the ones he had were in much nicer condition and still the same price :rolleyes:
That is my mothers garden thats the deal. If I do the hard stuff she will do the up keep. What a deal you should see what all comes out of it.:D:D