Snow Equipment Owning/Operating plowing, Loading and throwing deep snow pictures

/ plowing, Loading and throwing deep snow pictures #21  
Thomas said:
Those pics look like the good ole fashion New England winters I remember,but in the last 5 or so years seems less and less.

Sure hope your don't get much drifting there LoneCowboy.

It's been a dry couple years, just haven't gotten much snow at all the last couple years. Best part is this snow is in December so it will still be here for a while and keep the moisture in the ground. (and nice a cold, lots of snow, hopefully send the Kali's scurrying back to the warm confines of their mucked up state :cool: )

Anyway, I guess they got HUGE drifts out east on the plains, like 9 to 15 FEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:
We only got about 4 go 5 foot drifts in spots.

/ plowing, Loading and throwing deep snow pictures #22  
Out there you are getting hammered with snow and back here every ski resort is making the **** stuff..............We are white on the ground, but last night and today it is freezing rain....

Makes for a nice New Years Day!

Snows of the past (January 2005)

Attachments

• March storm.jpg
    March storm.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 585
  • down road.jpg
    down road.jpg
    585.3 KB · Views: 741
   / plowing, Loading and throwing deep snow pictures #23  
I got to play with my tractor, little bit of snow to push out of the way. Also plowed the 1/2 mile of county road to get out. Definitely need some chains, way more power than traction when on snow...

Attachments

• 100_0771s.JPG
    100_0771s.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 529
  • 100_0737s.JPG
    100_0737s.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 408
  • 100_0772s.JPG
    100_0772s.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 386
   / plowing, Loading and throwing deep snow pictures #24  
Here are a couple of pictures of me plowing a 30" snow we got here in the Eastern Panhandle of WV a couple of years ago.

I'm using a plow originally for my Garden Tractor modified to attach to my FEL bucket with chains. Tractor is a Kubota B6100.

WVBill

/ plowing, Loading and throwing deep snow pictures #25  
I guess I can own up to being a good example of a bad way to try moving the snow:
After Storm #1 that Lone Cowboy has mentioned, I learned that when using your brand-new FEL mounted plow, do NOT get too close to the edge of the road. My Durango couldn't handle the weight of the Branson, and just dragged it along the edge, instead of onto the road.

After 3 days, I was able to hire someone with a skidsteer who plowed out our 1/2 mile of road AND pulled me back on. For Storm's #2 & 3, I plowed much more carefully, with no problems. Waiting for storm #4 now :mad:

Attachments

• oooops.JPG
    oooops.JPG
    298.2 KB · Views: 453
  • free_at_last.JPG
    free_at_last.JPG
    323.9 KB · Views: 403
   / plowing, Loading and throwing deep snow pictures #26  
Sugar sand is about as close as I want to get to that white stuff.
Would a box blade do anything with snow? Just wondering...
I think I would read some of the "got stuck" posts before I paid someone to unstick me...
Do you blow snow while backing up on a rear mounted tractor blower?
David from jax

/ plowing, Loading and throwing deep snow pictures #27  
sandman2234 said:
Sugar sand is about as close as I want to get to that white stuff.
Would a box blade do anything with snow? Just wondering...
David from jax

Yeah, kinda
I have it on for weight in teh box and I use it to clean up leftovers running down the street/driveway
Problem is that you have no where to put the snow
You dump it, then have to turn 90 degrees and push the snow with the FEL anyway
A blade would work better so you could push it to the side. (but i don't have a blade, so............)

/ plowing, Loading and throwing deep snow pictures #28  
WVBill said:
Here are a couple of pictures of me plowing a 30" snow we got here in the Eastern Panhandle of WV a couple of years ago.

Morning WVBill.
Looks like the snow was falling as fast as you could plow it...gotta love those little mules when it comes to grunt work.

/ plowing, Loading and throwing deep snow pictures #29  
Morning DickThomas.
Most of us in snow belt areas have faced somewhat your going thru DT,and it will only make you wiser in years to come when plowing snow.

1/2 mile driveway w/that much snow maybe marker sticks place on ditch line so far a part might help....more so when your plowing when the snow falling.