Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Plowing Snow Facing Forwards

/ Plowing Snow Facing Forwards #1  

Spencer

Veteran Member
Tractor
NH TC33D w/R4 Tires, Rear Remote, Hydraulic Toplink, 2 Auxiliary Work Lights, 7308 Loader w/Kasco Uni-Hitch (Quick Tach)
I don't think I saved any time plowing snow this way but my neck didn't hurt when I got done.

Attachments

• 47-227175-Plowing_W_Rear_Blade.jpg
    47-227175-Plowing_W_Rear_Blade.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 398
   / Plowing Snow Facing Forwards #2  
I suspect you wouldn't save a lot of time as you have the same attachment doing the same job, only it is on the front and not the back. It does look like you eventually got the job done.
At least you have had snow to play in. That is a plus.

/ Plowing Snow Facing Forwards #3  
Definitely a neck saver.

Kind of looks like someone wearing slippers on their head though./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Plowing Snow Facing Forwards #4  
i normally use my fel to remove snow, but for light snow i use the back blade BUT i still go forward, can not turn my neck enough to go backward, DAMM SHAME TO GET OLD/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

/ Plowing Snow Facing Forwards #5  
I use my father in law's old Avery with a mid mount blade to clear snow. Works great and my back/neck loves it. Just put chains on it and it goes. I have a lot less trouble controlling the height of the blade than I have with either front or rear mounted blades. My back won't let me do mutch of the rearward stuff either. Does anyone make a mid mount blade for any of the CUT's ?

/ Plowing Snow Facing Forwards #6  
I agree about the neck pain /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif also w/the blade on the front your able pile up the snow higher,plus stay on level ground do to the reach at times.

/ Plowing Snow Facing Forwards #7  
spencer
you're right plowing facing foward is the only way to do it.
Nice looking set up.

Attachments

• 47-227576-Mvc-010l.jpg
    47-227576-Mvc-010l.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 198
   / Plowing Snow Facing Forwards #8  
here another view of my set up.

Attachments

• 47-227585-Mvc-009l.jpg
    47-227585-Mvc-009l.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 221
   / Plowing Snow Facing Forwards #9  
Brain,
How did you attach your plow to the bucket?

My setup.

Last edited:
   / Plowing Snow Facing Forwards
toysrme, Your setup looks nice. I see others here who have also adapted a real snow plow to their loaders. If I ever get my pole barn done I might just try to find an old plow and do that myself. I already had everything to mount my rear blade on the front so my current set up didn't cost me any extra to try.