Snow Plowing some powder with the 1026R

/ Plowing some powder with the 1026R #11  
Actually for the first half i was nursing it in low range- to allow it to warm up, then went into high range.

Ok, that makes more senses. Sure seems like an easy task for the little bugger.

/ Plowing some powder with the 1026R #12  
Nice video ,nice place , nice tractor . I really like your tractor shed , what is it ? You have some nice mods to your tractor . Counterweight with sleeve hitch , flasher protection , you do nice work . What is hanging off the right floorboard ?

/ Plowing some powder with the 1026R #13  
Nice video ,nice place , nice tractor . I really like your tractor shed , what is it ? You have some nice mods to your tractor . Counterweight with sleeve hitch , flasher protection , you do nice work . What is hanging off the right floorboard ?
Should be the plugs for the hydraulic lines. They are color coded.

/ Plowing some powder with the 1026R #14  
rockshaft it looks like a yellow extension cord running up to the angling actuator

where did you mount the base of the actuator? can't really see from the pictures,
but it looks like maybe on that brass colored steel rod going between the bucket mount paddles?

nice video!

/ Plowing some powder with the 1026R

Thanks. Sometimes the cost (time/$$$) is high enough for home built stuff that it hardly makes sense, but it can be rewarding in other ways. For me, the freight cost for pro-manufactured goods from the lower 48 is usually the largest factor.

rockshaft it looks like a yellow extension cord running up to the angling actuator

where did you mount the base of the actuator? can't really see from the pictures,
but it looks like maybe on that brass colored steel rod going between the bucket mount paddles?

nice video!

Yes, JD Yellow HD extension cord for FEL accessory control.
The base of the actuator is on a bracket attached to the FEL multi-mount and plow base plate.
Maybe this pic shows a little better. Its not pretty, as I can't paint all the bare metal parts until the summer when it warms enough.

P1030961b.JPG

The shed is a Shelter Logic garage-in-a-box, its the SUV model that has a tall door.

P1030959b.JPG

/ Plowing some powder with the 1026R #19  
Very nice fabrication work! :thumbsup: Nice pics! The latest snow dumps have been heavy, wet crap! Dang! I've been getting complacent with the cold temps and the fluffy powder snow that came with that.. Just drive back and forth a few times and build up a "road base"! Can't do that with 8" of sludge.

AKfish

Very nice fabrication work! :thumbsup: Nice pics! The latest snow dumps have been heavy, wet crap! Dang! I've been getting complacent with the cold temps and the fluffy powder snow that came with that.. Just drive back and forth a few times and build up a "road base"! Can't do that with 8" of sludge.

AKfish

Yeah, complacency can be a rude biatch. We're fortunate to get mostly powder here, but if you wait to deal with it too long and it warms up- it seems to suck up all the moisture from the air. Our daily driver doesn't like that deeper wet heavy stuff.