Dirt Moving Plowing with B3030?

/ Plowing with B3030? #1  

JG2940

Tractor
Kubota B3030
Hi All,
I am a new member to the site, I have been reading some really good things and am looking forward to being a member here. Ok Down to business I Have A B3030 with R4's I want to run a 12' or 14' two bottom plow on an existing field that has not seen TLC for 10+ years I was thinking of putting R1's on the machine to help the process, I am thinking the two bottom is a little out of the 3030's league but I'm not sure, Any and all help and/or suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks
Jordan

Last edited:
   / Plowing with B3030? #2  
I've got the B2630 and pull a single bottom 16" extra deep Ferguson plow. I plow about 8" deep. It's a big sucker, and I use the diff. lock the whole way. You may get away with a 2-12. I would think for sure if you switched to R-1's. I don't lack for power, just traction. I leave the loader on the front, but my R-4's are not loaded on the rear due to owning the backhoe.

/ Plowing with B3030? #3  
Hi All,
I am a new member to the site, I have been reading some really good things and am looking forward to being a member here. Ok Down to business I Have A B3030 with R4's I want to run a 12' or 14' two bottom plow on an existing field that has not seen TLC for 10+ years I was thinking of putting R1's on the machine to help the process, I am thinking the two bottom is a little out of the 3030's league but I'm not sure, Any and all help and/or suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks
Jordan

I have a B3200 which is physically the same tractor, and I wouldn't even consider using a 2-14" bottom plow on it. I put mine on it just to move it and the plow is so tall it only cleared the ground by a couple inches when lifted. Also due to the tractors narrow tread width the geometry is all wrong for plowing in the furrow. According to Kubota the tractor is rated for a 2-12" plow so if you could find a 2-12" bottom plow with a small frame it might work. A single 12" or 14" bottom would be better IMO.

I have both R4 and R1 tires for mine. The R1 tires will definitely give you better traction, and are also slightly taller and narrower which are both a plus for plowing.

/ Plowing with B3030? #4  
It can be done. I pull a 2x14 plow with mine in light soil. A 2x12 would be a better choice if you can find one. A B3030 is not the ideal tractor to pull a plow with, though but it will do the job. How much ground are you planning to plow? A small plot should be OK. If more than that I would recommend a bigger tractor. What a B3030 needs is wheel spacers on the rear so the rear inside tire width is the same as the fronts. BTW, I have loaded turfs and they have plenty of traction if the ground is dry.

/ Plowing with B3030?
I have a B3200 which is physically the same tractor, and I wouldn't even consider using a 2-14" bottom plow on it. I put mine on it just to move it and the plow is so tall it only cleared the ground by a couple inches when lifted. Also due to the tractors narrow tread width the geometry is all wrong for plowing in the furrow. According to Kubota the tractor is rated for a 2-12" plow so if you could find a 2-12" bottom plow with a small frame it might work. A single 12" or 14" bottom would be better IMO.

I have both R4 and R1 tires for mine. The R1 tires will definitely give you better traction, and are also slightly taller and narrower which are both a plus for plowing.

I am plowing a big area approx 5 acres I know it is going to take some time, but its a project I have found a 2-12" with colters, I think i'm going to give it a shot. thanks a bunch for the input I really appreciate it

/ Plowing with B3030? #6  
Try it out - it's a lot of fun. Takes a lot of little adjustments to get everything set up just right. My 2630 (same machine, diff. engine) rides in the furrow just fine. Plow follows perfect and doesn't pull to the side at all. You should be fine.

Let us know how you make out. Pictures, too!

/ Plowing with B3030?
Try it out - it's a lot of fun. Takes a lot of little adjustments to get everything set up just right. My 2630 (same machine, diff. engine) rides in the furrow just fine. Plow follows perfect and doesn't pull to the side at all. You should be fine.

Let us know how you make out. Pictures, too!

I will for sure, Just waiting for the snow to clear so hopefully I can get the ball rolling in a month or so, Thanks For the input guys I really appreciate it