Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Plowing with blade or blowing?

/ Plowing with blade or blowing? #1  

Knapmich

Which is better? I find different methods for types of storms, Have a old Willys Cj2A with plow, MF backhoe to push the banks back, but I just

bought a Honda 1332 snowblower last year and I can paint the tree tops with this thing!

So is blowing snow better? no piles? What;s the opinions out there?

/ Plowing with blade or blowing? #3  
Plowing is faster but can leave you building canyon walls if things don't melt. Generally a plow, especially a back blade will be a lot cheaper. Generally you plow going forward with a plow but are reversing & straining your neck with a blower (or paying double the price of a 3pt blower for a front blower & mounting gear).

/ Plowing with blade or blowing? #4  
My front mount blower with the gearbox and drive shaft from the mid mount cost me $6,000.oo CDN. My back and neck won't handle twisting around backwards and also trying to use my peripheral vision isn't as accurate as using both eyes and facing the direction I am going and blowing, but to each his own. I had the money, so that is the route I went with.

/ Plowing with blade or blowing? #5  
I've been clearing my driveway for 32 years and much prefer a rear blade. You are going forward and its a lot faster. I only used the blower when the canyon walls got to tall to blade snow over them. I sold the blower when I got the new, bigger Kubota. I HATED the blower - took the better part of three hours to completely clear the driveway. My neck/shoulders would be stiff for days after looking backward and blowing the snow. PLUS - not matter which way the chute is pointed, the snow always comes back on you.

/ Plowing with blade or blowing? #6  
A blower is lifting the snow rather then just shoving it aside so it uses more fuel. A front mounted blade is faster and cheaper as long as you have a way to push the banks back when needed.

/ Plowing with blade or blowing? #7  
I was wondering the same thing. But my dad sold me a retired pickup with a snowplow cheap. It is really hard to outdo a pickup plow for speed. :)

/ Plowing with blade or blowing? #8  
Depends on the snowfall for me. If it's not that deep, I'll scrape up and pile it with the skid steer. If it is deep, a 73 inch Erskine blower takes care of it.
If I start to get any "canyon walls" (great description, by the way) then it's strictly snow blower if I can't pile any higher. Just blow it over the top of the banks. Sometimes I even hog into the banks and blow them further out into the yard.

/ Plowing with blade or blowing? #9  
It all depends on the amount of snow for me too . I have a 84 inch rear mount on my open station M5700 and that will go through anything Maine weather can throw at it . The only problem at 72 I can't twist and turn anymore so I would end up standing up while blowing and my wife was having a fit . ( I can see why but it had to get done ) I have a B2650 with a cab and front mounted blower for this winter so I will see how that goes , at least I will be warm now , even if it takes a little longer I don't care . I am sure a front mounted plow would be so much faster as it takes me about 2 hrs. with the M5700 blower to do a big storm . I have a big area to take care of and space is limited due to trees in some areas so a blower works great for me .

/ Plowing with blade or blowing? #10  
plowing is faster if you don't have too much snow. Anything over a foot is quicker with a blower, cleaner neater no banks etc. etc. etc.