Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Plowing your long driveway.

/ Plowing your long driveway. #11  
Yep, last winter, here in the central seaboard area, running out of territory to push the snow was a big deal! A blower would be great. Plus, my neck isn't as flexible as it once was, so a plow blade on the front would be nice. Oh, and heated cab, while I'm at it. Let's hope for a mild winter.

/ Plowing your long driveway. #12  
Well, my driveway is 2.5 miles ( yep, miles ) It winds up over a mountain and into my farm. I share the first mile up from the bottom with the coal company on the other side of the mountain but last year they shut down and i had to plow the whole 2.5 miles.

I use the 6ft. rear blade whent he snow is light and under about 12-16 inches. One trip down and back is wide enough but i usually make two trips to make the road wide and clear up some room for snow later. It ususally takes about 1 - 1 1/2 hours to plow it completely.

The last mile into my farm is though the woods and there isn't much room on the sides of the road so once I plow it 2-3 times it is time to bust out the blower because there isn't anywhere to put the snow after a while.

Last year we got 22ft. of snow and I did nothing but run the blower. It took quite a while to keep the road open. Especially since the wind just killed us. It was a daily job to keep the road passable. Lucklily wifey has a Subaru Outback and that thing goes as well as my diesel pickup in the snow, maybe even better.

I used my blower so much and machine gunned so much gravel and rocks that now I have to put the rubber paddle extenders on the fan impellers so i can throw snow a good distance again..

/ Plowing your long driveway. #13  
Only 600' of asphalt driveway, but lots of snow in northern lower Michigan. We prefer to use our 5-foot front blower to avoid snow piling up on the sides. The blower makes quick work of the driveway and the two-track to our 30x40 storage building. We do have a back blade, but rarely use it for snow.

John

/ Plowing your long driveway. #14  
you would think if your plowing that much snow (that banks become a problem) you could rig up a wing plow off side and or 3pt in the rear.