PM box too small

/ PM box too small #1  

Mith

Veteran Member
Sorry to nag when you probably have better things to do, but my PM box is bursting at the seams.
Is there a chance of bumping up the max from 50 to a couple 100 maybe?
I'm just about to go and delete a load, but I doubt I'll get it to 50
Thanks.

/ PM box too small #2  
Something doesn't sound right. Mine shows that I can have 10,000 total posts.

/ PM box too small #3  
JerryG said:
Something doesn't sound right. Mine shows that I can have 10,000 total posts.

Mine showed a limit of 50 posts yesterday, but 10,000 posts today.

Funny thing is, every single PM I ever sent or received appears twice, once in my Inbox and again in my sent folder... even the ones I know I've deleted in the past!

On the old TBN, I had around 180 PM's combined in the inbox and sent folder... now I have 767! I guess I'll be cleaning those up the next time we have a rainy day with nothing to do! :D

/ PM box too small #4  
Mith,
I had 362 in mine when I logged into TBN with the new format. 31 were recieved messages and 331 were messages sent. With the old format, I didn't think it kept sent messages unless I wanted to. However mine says I can have 10,000 as well.

Maybe you haven't done the Euro conversion, and can really have 10,000

/ PM box too small
Yep, thanks, 10,000 should be adequate ;)
It was 50, I had 370 in there.

It looks like all the messages have been duplicated, sent messages show up in the inbox aswell as the sent message folder, and deleted ones show up too.

Thanks

/ PM box too small #7  
Hopefully the duplicates will be removed when we go through and remove duplicates from the entire database.

Yes, the limit is 10,000 now... I think the highest user has 3,700 or so, but I figured I would give enough space to almost never think about it.

/ PM box too small #8  
Muhammad said:
I think the highest user has 3,700 or so, but I figured I would give enough space to almost never think about it.

Someone needs to do some purging of their PM inbox. :eek:

/ PM box too small #9  
Gatorboy said:
Someone needs to do some purging of their PM inbox. :eek:
I think the upgrade restored everyones deleted messages going back to day one. And then put a duplicate copy of all your sent messages in your inbasket. So what recently looked orderly, now is filled with stuff you didn't want to save in the first place.

I'm sure they will get this upgrade running smoothly. But I'll bet Los Bro's Chishti are pretty busy on more important features at the moment. And I hope they know we appreciate it.

/ PM box too small #10  
Muhammad,
What about the total SIZE (characters allowed) of the PM? I responded to a PM that included his quote. Indeed it was a lengthy quote and response and it exceeded the # of characters I was allowed to send. I had to delete much of his quote and my response to fit. Maybe you can look into that?
Thanks,