PM box too small

/ PM box too small #11  
3RRL said:
I responded to a PM that included his quote. Indeed it was a lengthy quote and response and it exceeded the # of characters I was allowed to send. I had to delete much of his quote and my response to fit.
When using the quote feature, you should edit/remove most of the text and only keep the portion of it that you are replying too.

/ PM box too small
using quote feature edit/remove most text only keep portion that you replying too

Gator, sometimes you need to quote the whole text. I know when I am trading PMs like catching up with what someone has been doing since I last talked to them it helps to have all what they said there. Especially if you are commenting on what they have said. You dont know what situation he was replying to.

Of course, sometimes, if you are replying to someone directly after they have written, or making a general comment that doesnt apply specifically to that person, it is unnecessary to use the quote feature atall :D You also dont need to quote connectives in a quote, see, much shorter :confused: :D :rolleyes:

Also, while we are correcting people, should that have been 'to' instead of 'too' at the end of your last post :D

Just poking at you, no harm intended ;)

/ PM box too small #13  
Mith said:
Gator, sometimes you need to quote the whole text.
Those would be rare occasions.

Mith said:
Also, while we are correcting people, should that have been 'to' instead of 'too' at the end of your last post
I don't know, english was my worst subject in school.