pole barn squareness?

/ pole barn squareness?
got the other side truss supports up, eneded up using a string level strung from the side i already had done over to the side i did today, i just hope to god that the string level method is accurate..? I also used 16" 2x6 for scab boards..I guess im ready for some trussues. do you guys say that the string level is accurate?

/ pole barn squareness? #132  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( .............. do you guys say that the string level is accurate? )</font>

Well, that all depends on the brand of string that ya use. Now if ya use that new fangled string that has some of that poly propoline in it, then it might be a tad off. On the other hand, if ya use the good old fashioned cotton string made in the good ole U. S. of A., then you shouldn't have much problem. If ya used that string the the telephone company uses for pullin wires, you know, the string with the wax impregnant inta it, well ya'all is gone have one heck of a lean to that there buillin. Now if ya purchased that there hemp type of string, well ya gotta smoke it a while and then ya'al not care what that there buildin is gonna look like! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ pole barn squareness? #133  
Just remember - perfect is a _goal_, not something you will actually achieve. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif It's ok if you are off a tad, you will have a bit more work fitting & cutting tin & such, but it's normal. Any of the leveling methods work, it's basically the care you took to recheck & recheck what you are doing, things get closer & closer to 'right'. There are log buildings still standing from the pioneers, & they didn't drag laser levels or even 4' builders levels across the prairie....

In short, your building will be fine, whether or not you got it perfect.

I'm learning a lot by following your threads, thanks for starting & sharing this.

--->Paul

/ pole barn squareness?
it was some kind of masonry string i got from lowes, comes in a roll of 325 feet..

/ pole barn squareness? #135  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( it was some kind of masonry string i got from Lowe's, comes in a roll of 325 feet.. )</font>

I think that you should have gotten carpenters string. I don't know how well the mason's string will work with wood. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Did you check it with a carpenters level or a masons level? It isn't good to mix tools from different trades. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif