Poll - box blade, rear blade, or land plane?

/ Poll - box blade, rear blade, or land plane? #11  
Bull dozer......or LP. I have a LP and a BB. the LP is significantly faster and easier

/ Poll - box blade, rear blade, or land plane? #12  
Which would you take to battle against this "road."

FYI not my road just a trail ( map said county road, I say trail) I had to venture down this weekend.

Got to go with the good old Gannon box blade 1150 lbs. w/hydraulic actuated scarifiers and top-n-tilt would help make short work of that- also 4x4 tractor with enough weight and power to work the box blade to it's fullest...

/ Poll - box blade, rear blade, or land plane? #13  
I have two different widths of box blades and no experience with a land plane. I would vote for land plane hands down. I have a short driveway so the box blade works fine but as soon as someone talks about a ROAD repair i think the land plane is the right tool. I would like the spill over feature for the long passes. Boxes blades would be better at digging or just moving material. Jmo.

/ Poll - box blade, rear blade, or land plane? #14  
I've worked with similar situations and found the box blade does wonders. Have only watched a few land planes, but would prefer the carrying capacity of a BB for giant ruts. Others are correct in that you need some rocks in there to hold it. Don't know how steep it is or what kind of traffic you will have, but larger rocks would make sense... 2 inchers or so. They sink in are resist washout.

Good luck any way you go.

/ Poll - box blade, rear blade, or land plane? #15  
if you just want it smooth for now then the landplane can fix alot of this road in a half hours time. For long term or long lasting repair you need to ditch the sides for run off and might need culverts which would be too expensive if not your own property. That makes a good case for the landplane as you would need to dress it up after heavy rains.

/ Poll - box blade, rear blade, or land plane? #17  
I've worked with similar situations and found the box blade does wonders. Have only watched a few land planes, but would prefer the carrying capacity of a BB for giant ruts. Others are correct in that you need some rocks in there to hold it. Don't know how steep it is or what kind of traffic you will have, but larger rocks would make sense... 2 inchers or so. They sink in are resist washout.

well if we're going this far- take it down 10 inches roll out some road fabric, cover that with about 4 to 6 inches of 3"- ad some of the dirt back in and top it with 3/4'-, then use a heavy water filled roller after getting it wet and it will probably stay good for a while unless any thing really heavy is consistantly run over it...that's using just a tractor with boxblade and loader ,easily sourced roller, road fabric, loads of two sizes of rock. Now that's just my opinion. worked for us on a driveway, but seriously- if used for commercial traffic, sky's the limit in materials and equipment...

/ Poll - box blade, rear blade, or land plane? #18  

I have a 1250 lb Gannon boxblade and a landplane. While the Gannon boxblade can carry more material at a given time you can generally move faster and cover more ground with the landplane so moving material seems to be more a matter of tractor hp. Usually in road repair you don't have to move the material very far to put it back in place, usually side to side less than a foot to fix deep ruts.

/ Poll - box blade, rear blade, or land plane?
Thanks for the replies! I was curious to see how the TBN crew would tackle this with a tractor, I will save my diesel and let the county or the next logging crew do what they wish to it.
Me personally, I am going to bring an ATV up here next time I come and leave my truck out closer to the highway.
I was hunting a new area and the paper map and electronic map both called this a numbered county road. Had I not had good off road tires I wouldn't have made it to the top of the hills. Ruts like this lower down were full of water. Some places road completely washed out.

/ Poll - box blade, rear blade, or land plane? #20  
IMO, none of your choices will work initially. Hires a guy with a Dozer and have him cut the road properly, providing a way for the water to exit the road. Right now all you have is a ditch. Then go with a lp or bb. I have a bb, but with the gravel road we have am using my landscape rake a lot more

You should also check if it is a county road. They would be required to maintain it.